My Kenne Bell Cobra final tune video

neoclasiccl

Founding Member
Jun 1, 2002
Help I can't see !!!!!!
Well the car is finished. I decided to keep it safe and only run 18 deg total timing with 11.2 airfuel. I got nervous when the phone rang while we were finishing up the tune and it was my friend on the phone. He had a pulley intalled on his 03 cobra and tuned. Well he was just calling to inform me that his car blew up thursday night and to be careful with mine :( I have to get a boost a spark to go any further with the car. You will see in the video that the car blew out the spark. Also my torque isn't great but that is due to the rich tune and low timing.

So Tim and I decided 18deg was enough and left it there. The numbers are in my sig and here is the video.

Right click and save

• Sponsors (?)

madmatt said:
:D I wish I could say, gee, only 500 ft. pounds...lol great looking and sounding car man. Yes, be careful, 12 g's for a new engine would suck...man i need a cobra...

I am having a short block built with the best of everything: Billet oil gears, triggerwheel, cp pistons and eagle rods, blah blah blah. Installed in the car for under $6000. 12g's would be the stock motor with heads and blower. I plan on doing this after the summer and will run a 4lb lower and push the boost to 21lbs and say hello to 700+hp :nice: but I have too many other things to do to the car right now to handle the power is pushing now.

USMC03GT said:
:stupid:

Love how that whine comes on strong when you nail the throttle! :D

I freaked out a few people up in Hendersonville NC this weekend visiting my friend who lives there. There were a bunch of mustangs up there talking **** to Tony and I and we said "you wanna run" and they said sure. Well when I got into the car I started it and bipped the throttle a few times (it sees 7lbs of boost doing this) and the Kenne Bell started making a barking noise and they got out of their cars and said "we changed our minds" :rlaugh:

SCORPION said:
i am speechless......awestruck

Thanks man.

I am really surprised no one noticed the blue smoke the car is making. The blower is sucking in oil vapor from the pcv valve. I am either getting breathers (which have to be tuned) or an oil catch device. It didn't smoke with the stock blower but the intercooler did have some oil in it. It's a common problem and ford says it's normal :nonono: But I will get it straightened out soon.

MT1083 said:
Nice video Neo! Congrats on the power. Mine will be up on the dyno this weekend and I'll post what I get. It will be nowhere near yours but I'm hoping around 400rwhp.

Mine better be closer to 420rwhp or the 10# pulley is going on :mad: hehe