my life sucks, help?

• Sponsors (?)

When you rev the engine does the voltage spike up beyond 16 volts.
A short can cause the light to stay on also.

is it possible to replace just the regulator without changing out the whole alt?

it's not a big deal, i've already talked to PA-performance and they said they'd send me a new alt and i'd have it by tuesday... i just dont want to chance beaking that crappy alt bracket again, what a headache that was trying to find :nonono:

It should have 2 screws on it that retains it. Im not sure if you can buy just a regulator though.

That sounds normal to me. 14-16 is normal. I would check your wires and make sure everything is tight and nothing is shorting out.

It could be a internal problem with the alt. Have them send a new one and swap em out.

My battery light stayed on when my volt reg went bad but it would spike into the red on the stock gauge when I reved it.

The regulator has not been replaceable in my experience. I am sure there is a way but none of the parts chains I checked carry just that. 15+ volts is too much, at 16v some things will start to break, mostley computer controlled parts that dont regulate themselves. At least they are sending you out a new one. You could swap the regulator out but I would just change the whole alt over. As Shawn had sai it may have an internal problem that caused the regulator to burn out.