my new 02 what to do ?

Tyler Munster

Jun 16, 2010
Boston MA
Hey guys i just picked up my second mustang after much thought i decided to sell the 96 gt project and go with somthing i can enjoy now and need some more help
Its an 02 gt 5spd with 58 k i got it for 8500 is that a good price . as you can see the body has been modded and that's all . i don't really care for this style im more of a stock build with a mean look. i was hoping to go back to the gt bumper with a 01 cobra hood . any have this combo so i can see do they make a cobra style bumper that says mustang instead . since this already has the pi intake is thier a better intake i can put on and whats up with the pink injectors:shrug: .

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh man I CAN tell you that the previous owner loved him some wontons and fried rice! You are going to have to replace everything on that body to get it back to a stock GT. Hood, front bumper, rear bumper, front fenders. Take off that stupid Cobra R spoiler, only 1 car that belongs on and it is the original 'R'. The window scoops add 15 horsepower there though so you're lucky on that front :rolleyes:. If the car had looked like this you couldn't have given it to me. Milage yes you got a good deal but I wouldn't have even stooped to look at the car seeing all that drastic plastic on it.

But on a somewhat on topic, don't waste your money on an intake at this point. Exhaust, short throw shifter and gears are your best bet.

yea think ...LMAO
your right it is alot of work to get back to the look i want . i forgot it dose have a short throw in it the exhaust is ahhh.. ok more bark than bite yea know my plain for exhaust was x-pipe and slp loudmouth II ... yea think if i leave it out on import night id get lucky and they take the parts and i could get OEM replacements......
do you know whats up with those pink injecters im told thier either 19lbs or lbs

dang, i had no idea you could rice out a mustang that much. if i were you, i'd spend all my money replacing the body until it was back to being stock... i probably would drive it until then but that's just me.

$8500...WAS a good price, but add on a about a grand or so on body parts/paint...I can't even imagine the interior...poor car.

Glad to see its with a good owner!

Suggest....
-Cobra skirts (ley just look better PERIOD)
-Shave that trunk (IMO look 10x better)
-Stock Gt front bump w/Mach lip (IMO If its not a Roush/Saleen/Cobra...don't put a kit on it).
-Stock Gt rear (IMO If its not a Roush/Saleen/Cobra...don't put a kit on it).
-Stock 02's side scoops.
-Mach 1 C-pillers (why not the flow better with the side scoops).
-Stock hood or small cowl/95 cobra R hood.
-Return fenders to stock...
-Stock lights or you could smoke the stock ones for that "Murdered" look?
-I hate FR500's..But that seems to be the "popular" choice for Mustang owners...SO you have that going good for the car.

Other than that, the miles look good. Its a 5 speed so Win.

Win period...just going to take some work.

Looking forward to the before and afters :nice:

Hey, you got a good deal if you're happy with the deal. Put some ads up on craigslist offering trades for stock pieces or just replace them with what you want and sell the old pieces you're not happy with. If nothing else, you'll get some of your money back you spent on the new stuff. I sold my GT hood for $150 to some kid in a 6 and bought my Cobra R for $300. Not too bad...

yea think ...LMAO
your right it is alot of work to get back to the look i want . i forgot it dose have a short throw in it the exhaust is ahhh.. ok more bark than bite yea know my plain for exhaust was x-pipe and slp loudmouth II ... yea think if i leave it out on import night id get lucky and they take the parts and i could get OEM replacements......
do you know whats up with those pink injecters im told thier either 19lbs or lbs

The consensus is that the pinks are either 19lbs, 21lbs, or 22.5lbs. :shrug: There are reputable sources that have said all the above values. But most would agree that as long as all of your fuel injectors are the same color it doesn't really matter. You won't be supporting much more HP w/ 2 more lbs of flow so really, it doesn't matter.

Not my taste at the moment, but glad to hear you intend on swapping those body parts out for stock parts.

Should be a sweet ride!

I wouldn't bother with the intake just yet. Do more of the basic upgrades first such as gears, sub frames, etc. before you upgrade the intake.

after a long day on cl i found a gt front and rear bumper and skirts all for 200
and they are all so just clip and go
found a gt hood and spoiler still looking for the 01 cobra hood but its better then what i got
going to trade the 18s for a set of 17inch 95 cobra rims not the R's the polished ones with the black inlets so i should have pics up next week

after a long day on cl i found a gt front and rear bumper and skirts all for 200
and they are all so just clip and go
found a gt hood and spoiler still looking for the 01 cobra hood but its better then what i got
going to trade the 18s for a set of 17inch 95 cobra rims not the R's the polished ones with the black inlets so i should have pics up next week

If you're looking for a 01 cobra hood you might want to check on the V6 hoods. I'm pretty sure some of the V6 hoods are the same as the cobra hoods for that year. You could probably save some cash :shrug: