My New 1990 LX Hatch -All Stock

Joe Jr.

Founding Member
Nov 16, 2001
Longmont area of Colorado
This is my 4th mustang and I'm loving it. It's been a road eater. It has 254,000 miles on it and still runs......all stock. I was laughing because it even still has the original shocks on it. It's a little rough....but who cares, it's a running fox. I have a newer 92 block that i'm putting gtp's on with the cobra intake....and I have a completely rebuilt rear end with 3.55's to go it with turbo coupe disks in the rear.

this one is an auto.....amazingly fun to drive...( i would have never thought) and that will change also, because i have a t5 waiting to go in it also.

It is strait piped and is running off the cats, so i need some mufflers and tails and some headlights....they've seen better days.....

all in all i'm pumped because i haven't had a running Stang in a few years....just good to be back in one...:nice:

Joe

Attachments

• IMG00098.jpg
    IMG00098.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG00100.jpg
    IMG00100.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Sponsors (?)

Most ecxellent project car dude! :nice:
Body looks very straight and rust free. What is that by the rear passenger side tail light? Is that a dent or rust or am I just seeing dirt?
I assume you got a good deal on it too. :nice:
The way the paint looks I bet if I spent 8 hours on it with my chemicals and buffer that I could make it a nice deep glossy red again. I miss working on a Stang so much that if you lived near here I would say bring it over so I can buff it out for ya. :nice:

thanks guys, i'm pretty excited to have it. It needs some work, but i'll have fun driving it before winter and then clean it and park it for the winter.

yes that is a bit of a dent and some rust at the passenger tail light. it looks like someone backed it into something at that corner. If i did live closer i'd take you up on the buffing. I can do it myself, but it takes some work....and i wouldn't call myself a pro..

Cool man, good to see a car with that many miles still on the road. I think my shocks are stock too, just reminded me I gotta get new ones, I only have 170 though. Looks like a fun project.