n00b here, looking to get a 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

Yes i insist on a 5 speed. If i had a choice between a Auto Red lx hatch and a 5 speed Baby blue lx hatch. I'd pick the baby blue 5 speed. Well to be honest i'd buy the red auto and swap it to a 5 speed the day i got it :D

It's a simple job, the driveshaft is the same for both cars. Was easier for me because I put in a fresher 5.0 the same time. The engine I bought already had a clutch on it so I mated them up and dropped them in one shot. You do have to take the dash off though to get the new pedal assembly in. Then a small wiring change and you're banging gears.

That seems like one of those stangs that have been beat to death. NOS, 3:73, Drag Radials, drag suspension. Idk man. If your looking for a street car i'd stay away from this one. Atleast your on track though, its a manual! :nice:

LOL, it sucks though, that and the red one are the only ones around here that are actually still for sale.

Who knows, it might've been pampered, intense mods doesn't absolutely mean it's been ragged on, it could've been taken care of as well.

Maybe I should just drive it to find out? How would I find out if it's ****ed?

-Matt

HAHA yeah 91, you're like me. I look at an automatic and it's not even the same car. It could be all souped up and I would still want to drive a stock 5 speed over it. *Shrugs* My car's mods have been for reliability and slightly for performance. If I wanted to go faster I would add a supercharger or turbo. I guess I just like to cruise. I have respect for those guys that make a million improvements to gain 10 horsepower but ummm..yeah

Do you think it's at LEAST considerable if I look at it and everything? Maybe it's one of those dealership fixer-uppers, I've seen the same stuff done with Civics and such, lol.

-Matt

Okay well. See by the sounds of it your looking for a street car. Thats what i have. Anything thats set up like this - Drag radials, high gears( although 3:73s aren't bad, but 4:10 and up are a def NO) drag suspension, stuff like that, You dont want any of that. That car has been continusoly beat and beat and beat. It may take awhile to find a nice one. It took me a year and a half to get mine. But then i had high standards. Bone Stock, Red, lx, hatch, 5.0, 5 spd, mint, 80,xxx and under no higher. I mean your spending all this money you dont want a former drag car. You'll eventually find your jewel in a news paper or something. Don't settle for a mustang, find the one you want.

Just find out the websites for all your local town news papers and all the local car traders and check the websites daily. Eventually you'll find one. When i was looking for mine, i had 13 different sites i'd look at daily, between town news papers and auto traders, just gotta look and look and look.