N20,2 Go

05xgt

Jan 18, 2007
spring tx
Does anyone know how much juice can be used in an 05 4.6 3v GT, using a stock bottom end? I'm not to knowledgeable about the Hyper Pistons or Powdered Rods. Is there a rule of thumb to use? All advice is appreciated. Can A dealer tell wheather or not difinitively that it has or has not been used? I know it will affect my warranty if it is proven that it has been used. Any suggestions other than don't use it?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a good dyno shop around you.. install the kit and bring some different jets with you.

Also, you'll need new plugs for anything over a 75 shot... Install the kit and make a run on the dyno... Over a 75 shot and you'll need to reduce timing too along with new, colder plugs. The rule of thumb is to remove 1 degree of timing for every 25HP increase. If you have a hand held tuner, you can do that.. Personally, I'd put the car on a dyno and let a "pro" do it.

over 400 HP and you're gonna be lessening the life of the engine. Around 450.. your living on borrowed time.

I don't know much about the fuel pump rating on these cars, but shooting a high shot, you *may* need a fuel pump upgrade. I honestly don't know. I don't believe you're need a fuel upgrade under 150 shot.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in soon.

I really like the look of the ZEX kit.

i never ran colder lugs on anything less then a 100 shot, after a 100 shot I would retard timing 2* for every 50 and 1 step colder.I personally wouldnt run more then a 125 shot on these bottom ends. I ran NOS on pretty much everythign i drove including my quad and 94 chevy pick up without a problem.I worked a few years at NOS and it DOES NOT shorten the engine lifespan, but a wrong tune can kill a piston.head gasket very quickly.

Friend of mine runs a 125 shot and he has no problems. He has lowering springs (don't know the brand), BMR Lower Rear Control Arms, rims/tires (305 Nittos out back last time I talked to him) and he is running mid 12's and is not spraying out of the hole, only 2nd-4th gear because he doesn't want to be to hard on the tranny/motor.

This was all right when he got everything installed too. He wasn't used the car and it was his first few runs. Haven't talked to him in a while but I'm sure he's gotten his times down quite a bit since last time.

check out this quote, found on brenspeeds website in the tech articles....

Brenspeed.com said:
The system is adjustable from 75 to 175 HP. To determine what level of power is best for you we suggest calling us but it is common to run 75 HP on your stock tune with no issues. We have ran the 75 HP system on our most radical naturally aspirated tune with no ill effects. A good rule of thumb is to remove 1 degree of timing for every 25 HP but that is a safety net. Zex says you do not need to do any modifications to timing at the 75 HP level. We have found that some cars at the 100 HP level and all of them at the 125 HP level will melt the spark plugs with a safe tune. We suggest using a colder spark plug and removing timing at anything over 75 HP.

Brenspeed.com said:
The system is adjustable from 75 to 175 HP. To determine what level of power is best for you we suggest calling us but it is common to run 75 HP on your stock tune with no issues. We have ran the 75 HP system on our most radical naturally aspirated tune with no ill effects. A good rule of thumb is to remove 1 degree of timing for every 25 HP but that is a safety net. Zex says you do not need to do any modifications to timing at the 75 HP level. We have found that some cars at the 100 HP level and all of them at the 125 HP level will melt the spark plugs with a safe tune. We suggest using a colder spark plug and removing timing at anything over 75 HP.

Yup, have to go with colder plugs or you melt them pretty bad. I forgot to mention that when I was describing my friends car :oops: