Progress Thread Nasty Ninety Notch

This sound deadener is on my list of winter projects . 50lbs ? Meh ill just turn the boost up another few psi . No biggie . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

This sound deadener is on my list of winter projects . 50lbs ? Meh ill just turn the boost up another few psi . No biggie . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Yeah, its a guesstimate on weight according to how heavy the box felt. Although, I am a little weak so it could be less. One box I got off Amazon covered the entire roof, all the floor pan that Ford didn't cover, and has enough to do the trunk too. That's a lot of product for 50 lbs and about $90: Stinger Roadkill Expert.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you ever call LMR and discuss your unhappiness about the TMI headliner? They're typically very nice about making things right, at least that's been my experience.
I actually just called and spoke with Mike. He stated that he was unsure of how to handle the issue so he put me over to his supervisor's voicemail, Jay. We will see. They have been good to me in the past with the few defective items I've had.

Did you ever call LMR and discuss your unhappiness about the TMI headliner? They're typically very nice about making things right, at least that's been my experience.
Jay (and Michael) from Late Model Restoration just called me. They will help me out. They do indeed have good customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Jay (and Michael) from Late Model Restoration just called me. They will help me out. They do indeed have customer service.
You're problem is with TMI who makes the head liner, not LMR (although you blasted the crap out of LMR in your post). People absolutely love LMR for good reason here on Stangnet as well as other Stang sites. In fairness to LMR, you may want to edit your "head liner install" post and replace LMR with TMI. :shrug: Just my $.02

Also looking forward to your review after a drive with your sound deadener installed.

You're problem is with TMI who makes the head liner, not LMR (although you blasted the crap out of LMR in your post). People absolutely love LMR for good reason here on Stangnet as well as other Stang sites. In fairness to LMR, you may want to edit your "head liner install" post and replace LMR with TMI. :shrug: Just my $.02

Also looking forward to your review after a drive with your sound deadener installed.
Good call. Understood. Thanks for the rebuke. Corrections made. I'll be sure to post once I test drive this thing.

While I couldn't send the headliner back for their inspection I do hope that they check into fitment of their remaining units. They will catch flack if there is a problem on TMI's side. Customers, like me, remember how much money they paid LMR for the product -even though they didn't make it.

Last edited:
Nice progress. I have to say I like the detail you put into your write-ups. I expect to be using this thread as a reference in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Wow, that's encouraging! Thank you. Although I'm not some kind of super-tech, I do hope that something I post helps someone else -that's the whole point!

Reactions: 1 user
CAREFULLY... If i had a dollar for every noob who broke the sensing wire....
Really good point! I don't remember if I stressed that or not on the original post. Anyhow, I don't even touch the wire. I just remove the sensor from the housing and spray with MAF cleaner (and [only] MAF cleaner). It sprays hard enough to wash the crud off.

Update: Quiet

Too the NNN out for a 10 mile test drive last night. The Roadkill certainly made the cabin have a more isolated feeling. This was with windows up or down. In fact, with the windows up, its so much more quiet that I can talk to my passenger and hear a little interior squeak I never heard before. Also, the center console ash tray is not too hot to touch anymore. If fact, it stayed about ambient temp. This was a worth while upgrade. The ride quality just went up several notches.

Furthermore, after having installed the roof insulation, my car stays cooler while sitting in the sun than my friend's newer Honda Accord. That's saying a lot for a 26 year old car.

I think that if I had of pulled all the OEM "insulation" off the floor that the effect would be even more drastic. Another thought, if I ever have the dash off again, which I do not plan on, it would make sense to put the Roadkill behind that. The fire wall transfers more noise than you think.

Also, I plan to put the remaining Roadkill in the trunk. I'm curious as to how much exhaust noise and drone it will eliminate/reduce. Agai, the product and installation labor are a worth while endeavor if you want to get away from a hot, noisy, rattle trap. The Roadkill does provide a better level of refinement to the interior.

Reactions: 2 users
Update: Quiet

Too the NNN out for a 10 mile test drive last night. The Roadkill certainly made the cabin have a more isolated feeling. This was with windows up or down. In fact, with the windows up, its so much more quiet that I can talk to my passenger and hear a little interior squeak I never heard before. Also, the center console ash tray is not too hot to touch anymore. If fact, it stayed about ambient temp. This was a worth while upgrade. The ride quality just went up several notches.

Furthermore, after having installed the roof insulation, my car stays cooler while sitting in the sun than my friend's newer Honda Accord. That's saying a lot for a 26 year old car.

I think that if I had of pulled all the OEM "insulation" off the floor that the effect would be even more drastic. Another thought, if I ever have the dash off again, which I do not plan on, it would make sense to put the Roadkill behind that. The fire wall transfers more noise than you think.

Also, I plan to put the remaining Roadkill in the trunk. I'm curious as to how much exhaust noise and drone it will eliminate/reduce. Agai, the product and installation labor are a worth while endeavor if you want to get away from a hot, noisy, rattle trap. The Roadkill does provide a better level of refinement to the interior.
It makes a huge differed in the trunk. If u have subs in the trunk it won't rattle the :poo: outta the trunk and license plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Vaccum

For a while I have been chasing down vacuum leaks caused by poor workmanship. Basically, I've been going back over much of what was done by a certain tech at the shop I used to manage. Thankfully, I have been able to stamp out many leaks (shown in earlier posts). However, there is still a faint leak that can be heard when stepping on the throttle and intermittently at idle. My plan was to ignore the leak due to its small sound and because I had not noticed any idle fluctuations.

However, the NNN decided to act up on the Roadkill test drive last night. There was no major foolishness going on, but the idle did search (not surge), up and down in staccato fashion a couple hundred RPMs. While that's not a lot I don't want it to turn into a lot. Furthermore, it seems that a cross country trip will be in this car's future. Much of that trip will be through desertville New Mexico. I'm really not interested in having issues in the middle of nowhere. Therefore, I'm going to check it out and post my findings. I already have suspicions.

Since pics are desired here is a pic of my idle stats after the test drive. The motor has about 500-600 miles on it right now. Everything look good?

Instrument readings.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Update: Vaccum

For a while I have been chasing down vacuum leaks caused by poor workmanship. Basically, I've been going back over much of what was done by a certain tech at the shop I used to manage. Thankfully, I have been able to stamp out many leaks (shown in earlier posts). However, there is still a faint leak that can be heard when stepping on the throttle and intermittently at idle. My plan was to ignore the leak due to its small sound and because I had not noticed any idle fluctuations.

However, the NNN decided to act up on the Roadkill test drive last night. There was no major foolishness going on, but the idle did search (not surge), up and down in staccato fashion a couple hundred RPMs. While that's not a lot I don't want it to turn into a lot. Furthermore, it seems that a cross country trip will be in this car's future. Much of that trip will be through desertville New Mexico. I'm really not interested in having issues in the middle of nowhere. Therefore, I'm going to check it out and post my findings. I already have suspicions.

Since pics are desired here is a pic of my idle stats after the test drive. The motor has about 500-600 miles on it right now. Everything look good?

Instrument readings.jpg

Does the oil pressure sit that low during driving? I know this is at idle just curious. (From my understand are oil signal system is yes it does or no its doesn't haha)

Does the oil pressure sit that low during driving? I know this is at idle just curious. (From my understand are oil signal system is yes it does or no its doesn't haha)
That's a great question. I've had cars where it doesn't go that low at idle so it's a bit unnerving for me to see that pressure level, yet everything is new.

To answer your question, yes, it goes back up to the middle while driving (i.e., same position you see the temp at).