Need a little input on carbed 95

corey97svt

Aug 28, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Okay so here is the deal. I recently traded a bike for a little civic not really into them but I figured I could do some trading and make some money on it. Today someone called me with a mustang for trade it is a 95 factory 5.0 5spd car carbed with a huge cam and some aluminum heads didn't pay attention to what kind. The kid had the car all out of whack, it idles but it wont cruise with out breaking up around 25-3000rpm. Not sure whats going on or what distributor or fuel pump it has (could be efi). I have never or will never swap an efi car to carb but just curious about the steps and where the previous owner could have went wrong. It's a clean car perfect inside and out and any mustang is an upgrade to that civic, just trying to figure out what I may be getting into. I am some what familiar with carbs had a 85lx drag car but just worried about what may be going on with this newer more computer controlled setup. Any help will be appreciated. The guy is wanting to get the trade done but I told him I wanted to do a little more research so let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

Breakup could be caused by either fuel or a distributor issue, yes. If you have a local shop that knows Mustangs/domestics pretty well I'd take the car to them and have it inspected. It could be something very simple, or something that'll become a money pit.