Need a new mod!!

SilverBullit

Founding Member
Jul 8, 2001
Tulsa, OK
I need so input from you guys on what my next mod should be. My car just doesn't seem as fast as it should be. My mods are in the sig, I want to stay N/A so no blower, or turbo. Should I change my intake or anything like that? Thanks for input fellas!

Casey

• Sponsors (?)

What size MAF? You don't list having one, just a cold air kit. While you have a good intake, big cam and seriously heavy breathing heads- if you still have the factory MAF and injectors then it's trying to breath through a straw and it needs a hose. It should feel pretty fast with what's in your sig, this is all I can think may be wrong offhand but I can't believe you haven't done it yet. I wouldn't be looking for new mods, I'd be looking for what's wrong becuase if you have all that stuff and think you should be faster, then you're probably right. You should have 300HP or better with that combo, that's good for easy 13's on the street- 12's if you can hook up. I know several stangs around here putting down low 13's with stock heads and intakes.

More fuel

I know you are SD so I won't tell you to get bigger injectors or mass air meter. Unfortunately, you are starting to max out and probably need more cam and fuel for those heads. I think with SD you may have been better off with the smaller valves. Anyway, since you already have what you have you might as well make it work. You can probably get your computer modified....I'm not sure who does that now-a-days. Also you may want to try an adjustable fp regulator. You'll need to crank that baby up. If you can't find somebody to tweak your computer, you may want to look into mass air conversion, a tweecer, or may be even a PMS.

Good luck!

A PMS? Be nice if that's all you need, most women will give you plenty for free...

Now knowing you're SD, I'll go with the others and tell you to at least start with an adjusable FPR. Even if you do convert to mass air, it will still be just as helpful especially with the mods you have. I know of some folks who love SD and have really made their cars haul with it- but most decide it's more trouble than it's worth and convert. Pro-M makes a sweet mass air conversion with the meter and everything- it's a really awsome setup but $$$

If not a MAF conversion, then go longtubes and an X pipe. You can sell your shorties and make up over half the difference. I think you are pretty brave running SD with that many mods. Supposed to a bear to tune and not run very well.

Jamie

Thanks for all replies guys. I thought I put that I had an AFPR in my sig guess not, but I do have one. How much power do you think I would get from longtubes and x-pipe? Does anybody know where I could my computer tweeked or custom chip around the Tulsa, OK area? Thanks

SilverBullit said:
I need so input from you guys on what my next mod should be. My car just doesn't seem as fast as it should be. My mods are in the sig, I want to stay N/A so no blower, or turbo. Should I change my intake or anything like that? Thanks for input fellas!

Casey

Get in the passenger seat and let someone else drive. The car may surprise you.
-Brian

I'm not exactly refusing a MAF conversion, I've just heard of some people doing it and the car not running the same etc.. I would really like to have MAF, but I'm just not sure how things would turn out after I did it. How hard is it to do, what parts would I need to get, and does anybody know where I could find these parts. Thanks guys!

Casey

SilverBullit said:
... and does anybody know where I could find these parts. Thanks guys!

Casey
Did you pm GallopingPonyCar yet? The Pro-M kit is @$4000, but it is for converting from Carb to MAF so it has lots of stuff you won't need- they probably make a diferent one for your situation. There are others, I just don't remember where I saw them...

I've done a few MAF conversions, just order Pro M's conversion harness for around $46 and find a A9L puter and even a stock mass air meter to get you going. I've also done two with the cobra upgrade kit which has 24lb injectors, the cobra puter and it's 70mm MAF meter. Add the Pro M harness and a BBK or MAC cold air kit and it's a done deal. It's a nice calm kit that's supposed ot be a little softer calibrated vs the A9L.

The Prom M jumper harness has really good instructions and is painless to install.

Jamie