Need Advice On My Next Mod

5ohhh

Mar 31, 2005
Loveville, MD
OK so heres the deal. My car has been sitting for about a month now with no time at the track. The reason being is that I dont seem to get the itch until I get a new Mod and then have a chance to see what progress it can make. Right now I am on quite the budget but have a few ideas of what mods I'd like to do next. My question is....what mod will be most effective??

-Cat Back
-Headers
-T/B and Mass Air
-1.6 Rockers

Right now my trap speed to me is a little low considering my mods. Im thinking either my incomplete exhaust or the T/B and Mass Air is holding me back.....Any Input??? And with what mods should i expect what gains??

Oh and my mods are in my signature!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah go w/ the catback, you will get alot better sound and free up some power. No point in doing headers w/ out the catback b/c you still have a bottle neck w/ the stock catback so you really would not gain anything. Catback/Headers will be the best bang for your buck out of that list.

Well....to be honest guys most people are amazed how good my car sounds with just the x-pipe. I like it alot too. Not too worried about sound here....I have heard many mustang guys who know there stuff say stock cat-back doesent hold you back too much.....but that my stock MAF and T/B are killin me....im surprised nobody agreed.

5ohhh said:
Well....to be honest guys most people are amazed how good my car sounds with just the x-pipe. I like it alot too. Not too worried about sound here....I have heard many mustang guys who know there stuff say stock cat-back doesent hold you back too much.....but that my stock MAF and T/B are killin me....im surprised nobody agreed.

to be honest, I think you will gian more Hp/trq from a good set of shorty headers and a cat back then what you will gian with a mass air meter and throttle body. I dont really see a need to change the mass air meter or throtle body in these cars unless you already have full exhaust, and most all bolt ons, then yes maybe, but you have the bigger throttle body already and the mass air meter is fine. I still say you will gian the most from a good set of unequal lenght shorty headers and a good catback, you will be suprised how it sounds I bet

If a 2.00 sixty foot is your typical short time with DR's then I think a mod that is way cheaper and more effective than any of those you listed would be .................

practice on the launch for a sub 1.8 sixty foot.

That could put you down to the 13.2 to 13.3 range.

Later
Grady

a good set of subframes and upper and lower control arms would really help you hook up. that should knock your 60's down pretty good and your 1/4 by a few tenths depending on how bad you are spinning stock. the mass air and t/b really wont help until you get a better cam and heads. also being "slammed with cut lowering springs" doesnt help you too much either.