Need Advise (with Pics)

MASHBY

Feb 24, 2006
Calgary,AB
Hi All
Well I started down the dangerous (expensive) road of mods today.Banzai cat back,Steeda Triax,CAI and 18inc Bullits.However I think she needs to be lowered.A couple of inches to complete the look.What do you guys think.
Also how do you go about lowering is just new shocks or something else
Cheers
mustnag1.jpg

Attachments

• mustnag1.jpg
    mustnag1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice car! :nice: Wtf is a Banzai catback though?? lol Lowering involves swapping out the springs, and then often times shocks/struts to retain/improve ride quality and handling characteristics; also caster/camber plates are added to the front struts to add adjustability so the car can be more easily aligned after changing the suspension geometry from lowering it.

Car looks good. Was thinking of lowering mine also. How does that catback sound compared to stock?

Benny, do you need all that extra stuff if you just lower it a little bit, like with the ford C-Springs? I'm not looking to slam the car.

definetely lower it NOW. i waited till about 2 weeks ago to lower my car (got it in 03), and i wish i wouldve done it sooner, looks very sharp, yet inexpensive. FRPP C-springs for a nice subtle drop, while mainting ride quality and not hitting every speed bump in town. the srping only cost me about 160 from stangsuspension.com and installation was truly a breeze. great write up on how to do it on mustangworld.com

good luck!

I lowered my car with H&R SuperSport springs. And put in Bilstein struts/shocks to help the ride. Also put in Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. My drop was 1-3/4". It would have been another 1/4" but I also put in urethane isolators.

Steeda Sport springs

B4Lowered.jpg
Before
Lowered.jpg
After
RearB4.jpg
Before
RearSteeda.jpg
After

These were taken right after instal so it settled a little after.
Good mod. Easy to do. Haven't done shocks and struts or CC plates but I had the alignment checked after about 10K and it was fine.

Attachments

• B4Lowered.jpg
    B4Lowered.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 43
  • Lowered.jpg
    Lowered.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 41
  • RearB4.jpg
    RearB4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 68
  • RearSteeda.jpg
    RearSteeda.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 64
Hi Guys
Thanks for the nice comments about my car.
After speaking to my Mustang shop Ive ordered some steeda sport springs which should drop it about 1.5 and some Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster plates.To help with the wide tires.
Unless you guys have had any bad experiances with Steeda springs