Need assistance from someone who owns a 94

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I got a new insurance policy with Direct insurance and they need "proof" that my car has ABS and dual airbags. As far as the airbags are concerned I told him that dual airbags have been standard in ALL Mustangs since 1994 and that anyone operating an insurance company *should* have that information without me having to prove it!

If someone has the owners manual for their car and could just copy the parts of it that mention abs and airbags that would be great. They said they'd accept those forms of "proof".

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes the airbags were standard, but the ABS was still optional I believe. My 95 GTS does not have ABS. My wife had a 94 GT but we don't have it anymore.

I agree that the insurance company should be able to get this info for themselves.

I just took it up there. And no I never told them it was modified because it really isn't modified all that much. It's all taken care of now though. They looked at the physical airbags and the Anti-Lock dummy light and all is good. Too bad for them the airbag system is faulty, hasn't worked since I built this car. I just pulled the dummy light and unplugged the annoying "beeping" computer.