Need Help And Guidance

Apr 24, 2014
Ok so first of lets start with what i did
Gt40 intake
Gt40 heads with tfs springs
1.6roller rockers
Anderson n41 cam
30lb injectors(for the twin turbo kit im adding in a couple weeks)
75mm throttle body
Maf sensor calibrated for the injectors and TB
so now my car when i smash on the gas it hauls, then around 3500-4500 rpm acts like i have a rev limiter installed, if i go easy on the gas it doesnt happen at all. I was thinking about installing a fuel pressure regulator and a bigger fuel pump? Any ideas guys? I love the 2 cents

• Sponsors (?)

Your right i was running at 16..harmonic balancer was hard to read, i marked it and checked it again. Now is that too much timing? It ran great with the stock injectors but now after the small swap i have the problem

Let's do one thing at a time....
Set timing- remove the spout on the distributor harness and adjust timing to 10-12*

Replace spout. The ecu adds around 10* of timing at idle. This is normal
Alright, im at 12 and the problem went away, and no everyone i didnt pull the spout so im an idiot haha got alot to learn its my first build, so while were at it, how does the timing affect the motor? Is there anyway to make more power with the timing?

Sometimes, well most times. You can bump the timing up and use higher octane fuel, there is a point where detonation becomes an issue, some engines will like more timing than others. I timed mine @ 12° for 91 octane fuel, I can pull away in 5th gear from 40mph with no detonation even up hill (at least up hill by florida standards) I could bump it a little higher I think, my engine is pretty low miles for a used 5.0 from 1986 with crappy heads. I also have a 355 rear gear. Boosted stuff takes more finess. Thats outta my leage

Alright, im at 12 and the problem went away, and no everyone i didnt pull the spout so im an idiot haha got alot to learn its my first build, so while were at it, how does the timing affect the motor? Is there anyway to make more power with the timing?
leave it alone at 12 base. that makes 30* total timing at WOT run premium fuel.

Reactions: 1 users
Done and will do, i am now experiencing another issue now, car wont idle at start, sometimes if i get lucky(when its at running temp) it always idles at start when its cold, if i press in the clutch to stop lets say from 55mph it dies, but if i downshift through the gears all the way to first and it has to be first gear for some reason, it will stay at an idle when i press in the clutch, i changed the IAC motor and nothing changed, i used brake clean to check for leaks and there is none. Any ideas?

Problem solved fuel presure regulator went out, was dumping 48psi of fuel into the motor all day long, it was fine when i checked it two weeks ago and go figure something else to fix hahaha thanks guys for your help!