Need Help ASAP...Wheel offset?

slowstang4.6

Dec 18, 2006
OK, So I am a dumbass....

I busted one of the wheels on my Bullitt. Slick parking lot, too much throttle, slid into a curb at about 10MPH, and ruined one of the wheels. I now am faced with either fixing this wheel, buying a replacement fromFord, or buying a replacement set of what I really want. I'm leaning toward this being a good excuse for a new set. Being a Bullitt, I need to act fast as there is no spare tire and this wheel does not hold air. My question is this...

What offset do I want for a set of wheels/tires to look good. Offset makes a huge difference in appearance to me. I'd like the wheel/tire to sit flush with the fender. I'd like to use the same size wheel/tire front and rear if possible with maybe a 255-265 width eventually, but I'd like to use the stock tires for now. Is it possible to run my existing 235's on a 9" or 10" wheel? What offset should I run? Any help appreciated?

• Sponsors (?)

cruise around a lot of vendors have wheel/tire kits for around 1200 they are usually matched to the car so you don't have to worry about offset.

The only question you should have is. Should I get wheels that look good (like I did) or should I get wheels that look pretty good but that also fit big brake kits (the latter I should have chosen turns out).