Need Help Chosing Valve Springs

RoCo2

Jun 28, 2011
I need help selecting proper valve springs for my '91 GT. I am installing ped mounted Crane Cam 1.7
RR on stock ported e7's w/ a stock cam of 0.2780 lobe lift, this would bring my lobe total lift to 0.4726, nothing drastic. I called American Muscle to order the appropriate springs & was told by a tech that my stock cam w/ the 1.7 rr would have "too much lift for my heads." I've read many posts that it is possible and only issue would be stock valve cover clearance issues w/ the end rr's. Once the proper springs are in place I will use a pushrod measuring kit to determine the pushrod length to keep the proper geometry.
Other heads are not an otion at this time, neither is another camshaft.only other short term project is swapping the AOD for a T5. I'm going to 1.7 rr to get the ""effect"" of a bigger cam w/out the replacement of the cam. I don't want to go extreme on this build. This is a weekend driver & WILL see drag time on the strip as recreation, not competing for trophies. List of mods include;
70mm MAF w/ CAI, 65mm tb, gt40 Explorer Intake Manifold w/ welded & straightened #1&5 runners on lower, 19# Explorer injectors, MSD cap & rotor kit w/ 9mm Taylor plug wires, Ported e7 heads, 1 5/8” shorty headers, dual Full Boar dumped exhaust, AOD w/ Hayden 12” cooler, BDR Custom stall converter, Aluminum drive-shaft, FRPP 3.73 gears w/ carbon fiber clutch rebuilt kit, KYB shocks & struts w/ urethane mounts
If someone were to help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanx in advance.

• Sponsors (?)