NEED HELP!!!!! Do you think I hurt my tranny?????

Ok guys, dont get pissed at me and call me a moron, cause I know what I did was wrong and something stupid that your not supposed to do w/ an auto. Anyways......
So I am at the "track" waiting for the 'tree' to change to green. And a buddy that i went to high school with pulled up next to me in his new car. He got a T-bird (80's model :shrug:) that looked like a supercoupe. we had our windows down and i asked him what he had done to the car and he said he dropped a 93 5.0 into it. so i asked him to rev and it sounded mean!! and i reved back (putting the car in N), we knew we were going for it on green :) anyways, im my excited state, stupid state, the light turned green as my rpms were dropping from my reving and i slammed the car into D while the rpms were at a little less than 1k. long story short, i won :banana: But heres the thing, did I mess up the tranny throwing it into D while the engine was at around 900 rpms??? i feel like a moron for doing this, but it happened so i gotta deal w/ it. The car shifts fine and smooth and doesnt seem to be having any problems. Will i see any problems in a few months because of this??? Or will this become a problem eventually??? thanks guys/gals!!!

Sorry for the long post!!!

• Sponsors (?)

toke said:
Ah, the neutral drop. ;)

Probably didn't hurt a thing, especially with it only being 900 rpm and it driving fine.

Dude before i bought my stang i used to drive and auto 89 tercel (trust me they dont have very strong tranies) i Nuetral dropped the s*** out of it for like 3 months and the engine blew before the tranny

keep the racing at the track...

we had our windows down and i asked him what he had done to the car and he said he dropped a 93 5.0 into it.

They yell at you real bad if you ahve your windows down...you're not allowed this when your about to race at the track

:)