need help on next major mod

quickndslick2

Banned
Sep 28, 2009
ok my car is a daily driver and will remain that way, i do take alot of highway miles on the way to work and on weekend as well, i already have most of the bolt ons possible deciding wether i should go all motor or forced induction trying to see which will be best with my type of driving so the question is should i do heads cams pistons and rods?? will the motor be safe with all of that?? is it good for daily driving? or should i supercharge it or boost it? which ever of the both i do ima buy the parts lil by lil till i have everything so i can just pay for labor once? what do you guys think, i love the way the car sounds with heads and cams so im leaning more towards that, i really dont want to buy a fuel pump and injectors and ext. in the long run which will cost more? i already talked to nick from modular head shop and im getting the heads and cams from him if i do go that route, question is where can i find pistons and rods?? and what else can i possibly do to the motor if thats the route i choose?? remember for daily driving and alot of highway use thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

What year is the car? How many miles are on it?

If this is your daily driver, you depend on it for work and are putting a lot of miles on it, then I might just leave it alone at the bolt-on level. Heads and cams, maybe. Forced induction... I don't know... you're vastly increasing the chances of having issues that range from making the car unavailable for a few days while you sort them out, to blowing the thing up.

its a 2002 and has 61k miles yes its my daily driver and i do put alot of miles on it thats what i dnt want i dnt want to blow the thing and i cant have it at a shop for days because its my only way of transportation so u think heads and cams is the only thing i should do?

spend your money wisely, why buy a set of ported heads when you can get a set of trick flows for the same price? Better power, and no torque loss.

Use a stage 1 set of cams for some better power and MPG.

Daily driver eh, stay na until you can buy yourself a beater. Then feel free to apply a power adder.

If you're keeping it a daily driver id recommend a blower. The thing about heads/cams is your really subtracting from the driveability, cams sound awesome but with them you're going to deal with cam surge and other small driveability problems you won't have with the blower.

Believe it or not my car still drives like it did when it was stock...