Need help re: RPM outlet parts

91mini

Dec 6, 2004
I am currently looking at getting one of their deals that include the following parts for $650.00:

* MOTOBLUE™ GEN II Idler Pulley
* MOTOBLUE™ H.O. Water Pump Pulley
* MOTOBLUE™ H.O. Balancer Pulley
(sfi approved)

Your Choice of Computer Tuners:

* DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR Flash Tuner
>>>>>-OR-
* SCT STRATEGY Flash Tuner

Your Choice of Intake Systems:

* C&L TRUE-FLOW Intake Kit w/85mm MAF
>>>>>--OR-
* C&L RACER Intake Kit w/95mm MAF
>>>>>--OR-
* S&B Filters PERFORMANCE Intake Kit

My question's are: Is motoblue a good brand of pulley? Have you had personal experience with this brand?

I would also like to here some testimony on what brand of CAI you liked and why.

Also have you had good experiences will RPM outlet and the products and shipping they offer.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I just got my Hurst Comp shifter from them last night. No problems...

I have a JLT II CAI and it gets performance numbers similiar to the C&L from what I hear.

I have also been looking at the MOTOBLUE pulleys but I'm not sure of the quality. Frankly I'm a litttle afraid of UD's altogether because of threads talking about water pumps burning up and so on.

I got my hurst shifter from them also. The only thing that suprised me was that they shipped the actualy hurst shifter box and didn't put it inside another one. I think thats how my jam nut for the handle got misplaced :( Other than that it got here fast.

you have a 50/50 chance of getting the right parts....and you cant return them usually. If you do return them, you pay shipping and possibly a restocking fee and you only get store credit.

Please please please be careful dealing with them. I was a recent victim and without the help of one nice guy there I'd be completely shafted. In fact I'm still sorting out the mess that was created when I did my order. I bought the C&L Street kit with Diablo tuner. It took them over 3 weeks to ship it all the while they had charged my CC and refused to give me any answers to ship date and the rest.

Finally they give notice that it left (3 weeks+ late). I get the package and they shipped the wrong kit. It took me 2 weeks, over a dozen E-mails and 4 phone calls just to get them to send me the replacement parts.

They still didn't send all the right parts either. They were missing the adapter pieces and worm drive clamps (they're different for the intakes) and they didn't include the return shipping label.

So I have the parts on their way back (the wrong ones) and once they get back they are supposed to be refunding me the shipping costs and the $100 deposit I had to put on my Visa just in case I didn't return the parts. All in all about $190cdn that I'm out right now and hopefully we get back without further fight.

So to summarize.

- 3 Week late shipment
- Kit that arrived was wrong and missing the PC interface bits for the Diablo.
- 2 week battle to get the parts swapped with the promise that I wouldn't have to pay for restocking or shipping costs.
- Replacement parts arrived, still short a part, bought it locally for another $15. Return lable not provided.
- Had to pay for duty, taxes and return shipping to send the parts back.
- Waiting for refund of nearly $200 for their mistakes and we're over 2 months past when I originally ordered.

So you may get lucky with them, but when things go bad, they go bad quickly and like a train plunging off of a tressle bridge.

Their prices may be aggressive, but it's mainly because they can avoid things like service to get there.

Just received my order from RPM. Ordered it Monday am, and got today, FMS stingers and Motorvation TB spacer.

Problem is the TB spacer is missing the 4 bolts, so I can't install it. I called them @ 5:45 pm EST and the lady said the rep that handles that had gone home for the day. Mmmm, Texas time is an hr behind so that's leaving before 5 pm. I left a voice mail for the rep, so I'll see how they handle it tomorrow, but I do hope they expidite it. :(

Thanks, Dewman