Need help with drivetrain parts

bishop1911

Apr 11, 2005
Engine should be completed within a week, and will have to go into the car within 2. I need to order up the drivetrain stuff, which should be no prob to get. I would like some info and suggestions though if people could help. I think I am going with a lakewood bell for safety reasons, but I am looking for suggestions for clutch (mechanical), flywheel (would like steel and need to know what stock weight and size was for 67/68 390), and all other parts needed. The only thing I have right now is the Toploader, and that is it. I am comiling a list, but I need to get all this together ASAP. Any help people can give would be great. The engine is technically a 68 390 GT block. The toploader is a 67 coded FE transmission with code of RUG M. I am not sure if that makes a difference, however, it may as far as bell and flywheel size. By the way, I am trying to keep weights and sizes as close to stock as possible so thing fit right and if something needs to be changed later, I know I am working with standard fitting parts. Thanks

Jon

• Sponsors (?)