Need help with Sirius sat. radio '06 GT.....

hurley711

May 28, 2004
I've got an '06 GT 'Vert and I want to get Sirius hooked up inside. How does SIrius work as far as compatability with out GTs? I would like a unit that does not mess with the wiring in the car, and I would like to be able to transfer it to my beater in the winter. Someone mentioned the Sportster as I really want it for the NFL package. Im just not real familar with how it works. Ive heard people complain about outside antennas that stick to the car and sometimes the signal gets lost, is there any product that tunes in with the exiting radio in the car for a better signal? Any help with what I need for the best signal and what it shoul dcost is appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

There are numerous stand alone units like the sportster thjat basically just plug into the ciggarette lighter and send their audio through an FM modulator, oso you put the radio on a certain FM station (88.7 for example) and it picks up the Sirius. If you use a hardwired modulator, they sound decent (as good as FM radio at least). My dad has a sportster in his car and I don't think he ever has problems with cutting out. Any Sirius or XM unit though will have an antenna that needs to be installed. You can put it inside the car under the rear window, but it will not work as good as it will on the outside of the car.

No, it's an accessory to the one that plugs into the lighter, like the sportster. It just goes behind the radio, the antenna plugs into it and then it plugs into the radio (it's inline in the antenna), then it has one wire that goes to the sportster. It still goes through FM, but it sounds much better.