need honest opinions please

i bought a 88gt spoiler for my 89 lx and its really clean..its black and my car is blue..im gonna be getting a roller soon so im not worried about the body i have too much but im thinkin of leaving the wing black and painting the wheels black they are 97 cobra wheels they aint bad but the clear coats gone and one has some curb rash..also thinkin about paint the hood just where the raised part is..i dont wanna call it a scoop....please look at my pics and lemme know what you think about painting the wheels and hood...ill be doing this tommorow night more then likely..will also be tinting the windows

::got the spoiler from a junk yard for $20:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

To put a gt spoiler on an LX, you are going to have to fill about 11 holes in the hatch and repaint, because most are unpainted under the spoiler.

So you are gonna need bodywork, and when I did my saleen wing on my LX, it ran me about $500 to do it all.

As for painting the wheels...your car, but flat black painted wheels just look like wheels with too much brake dust on them. Paint them argent silver or something at least. Then they will look clean, and not like a civic running around on stock black painted wheels.

yea i noticed they dont paint under the spoiler wich is kinda weird but w/e..i filled all the holes and got it in prime already..looks pretty mean if i do say so myself..i painted the raised part of the hood also..i agree on the wheels tho..i have been lookin for a gun metal or some kind of dark silver but havnt had any luck..there is alot of holes from the Lx spoiler..kinda over kill but i guess thats whats keeps the water from gettin in and rusting the non painted area...anyone have any suggestions on wheel paint..like where to buy it n what not???thanx for the help gentz:nice:

Your post is a little confusing. I don't understand what having a roller has to do with it.

So you are saying your car will be blue, the wing, raised cowl on the hood and wheels will be black?

If so, sounds like a redneck mess to me.
Not a big fan of gt wings on an lx either.

Your post is a little confusing. I don't understand what having a roller has to do with it.

So you are saying your car will be blue, the wing, raised cowl on the hood and wheels will be black?

If so, sounds like a redneck mess to me.:bs:
Not a big fan of gt wings on an lx either.

thats fine if u dont like it..thats y i asked for opinions..move along..but how does black and blue make it redneck? and im pretty much messing around with diffrent things on the lx because im not keeping it..

thats fine if u dont like it..thats y i asked for opinions..move along..but how does black and blue make it redneck? and im pretty much messing around with diffrent things on the lx because im not keeping it..

It will look redneck because what you are doing it going to make the car look back yard modified cheap.
Most free or cheap visual modifications are not very good.
There is a reason a gt wing is only $20, that's because there is nothing to put it on, nobody other than a gt owner wants it, and if you had a gt why would you need it?
A black gt wing on your car will always look like a junkyard part you never got around to painting.

Wasn't trying to be insulting, you asked for the truth and i gave you my rendition of it.
Sounds like you are doing some change for the sake of change.
That's not always a good reason to mess with things.

I can't tell from the your avatar pic, but it would appear the car looks fine as it is. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

It will look redneck because what you are doing it going to make the car look back yard modified cheap.
Most free or cheap visual modifications are not very good.
There is a reason a gt wing is only $20, that's because there is nothing to put it on, nobody other than a gt owner wants it, and if you had a gt why would you need it?
A black gt wing on your car will always look like a junkyard part you never got around to painting.

Wasn't trying to be insulting, you asked for the truth and i gave you my rendition of it.
Sounds like you are doing some change for the sake of change.
That's not always a good reason to mess with things.

I can't tell from the your avatar pic, but it would appear the car looks fine as it is. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

i appreciate ur honesty really...the lx spoiler had cracks in it but thats not why i changed it..i like the gt spoiler because it is raised off the hatch where the lx one sits rite on it..and it being black looks good because the car is blue but the holes in the rims are black,the door handles,all the lights the cowl on the hood and below the windsheild and the mirrors..ill try to take some pics of it to post cause it really dont look bad and thats not just my opionin...

So if you dont care what other people think why are you asking for opinions? I agree, it will look like crap.

i never said i didnt care what other people think..read my last post, i thanked him for his honesty..it dont look like crap atall..i traded a 99 blazer with a bad oil pump for the car..mainly for the drivetrain..the whole car is spray painted and has like 8 bondo spots on it..im just trying to make it look decent until i can find the right coupe..

Attachments

• IMG_20110708_200151.jpg
    IMG_20110708_200151.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 118
My suggestions (in order of importance) :D

1. Loose the stickers... ALL of em. Contrary to popular belief, stickers do not equal HP.

2. Fix the hood gap.

3. Replace the smoked headlights with a set of clears. The wheels you're running are high shine and the clears will help tie them in. If you've installed smoked tails, get rid of those too. Put the LX tails back. God help you if you have Altezzas back there (you can earn an ass whoopin with those).

4. Either brighten up with compound or (if it's too far gone) repaint the car.

5. Keep the hood stripe but paint mouldings the same color as the hood stripe.

6. The rear spoiler should be the same color as the car (not the mouldings or hood stripe).

7. The driver side door is either sagging or is not closed. If it's sagging, replace all the bushings.

8. The exhaust (though shiney) appears to be the type that starts small and baloons out to 2 1/2 or 3 inches at the tips. Replace them with straight pipes... They look better, HONEST! Fat tips just look Wannabe.

9. Lower the car an inch if you're going to keep those wheels.

10. Last but no least, tint the windows and don't paint stripes on the car other than the hood stripe.

Footnote: An LX emblem in the front driver side corner of the hood stripe (block letters/silver) would be nice too.

That's all I got. :) (for now at least) :D

My suggestions (in order of importance) :D

1. Loose the stickers... ALL of em. Contrary to popular belief, stickers do not equal HP.

2. Fix the hood gap.

3. Replace the smoked headlights with a set of clears. The wheels you're running are high shine and the clears will help tie them in. If you've installed smoked tails, get rid of those too. Put the LX tails back. God help you if you have Altezzas back there (you can earn an ass whoopin with those).

4. Either brighten up with compound or (if it's too far gone) repaint the car.

5. Keep the hood stripe but paint mouldings the same color as the hood stripe.

6. The rear spoiler should be the same color as the car (not the mouldings or hood stripe).

7. The driver side door is either sagging or is not closed. If it's sagging, replace all the bushings.

8. The exhaust (though shiney) appears to be the type that starts small and baloons out to 2 1/2 or 3 inches at the tips. Replace them with straight pipes... They look better, HONEST! Fat tips just look Wannabe.

9. Lower the car an inch if you're going to keep those wheels.

10. Last but no least, tint the windows and don't paint stripes on the car other than the hood stripe.

Footnote: An LX emblem in the front driver side corner of the hood stripe (block letters/silver) would be nice too.

That's all I got. :) (for now at least) :D

alright the door does sag the rear lights were already smoked only did the fronts cause they were really oxidized and even after i buffed em they still looked terrible the stickers i put on there because i work for livernois i already tinted the windows since the pic the exhaust tips are a little much i agree but they were already on the car im not a fan of the wheels either..im not keeping the lx.i paid $950 for the car pretty much the way it sits..i have been wanting a coupe since i was about 13 and have came across a couple but im waiting till i find the one that is worth keeping to start..i dont have a garage so i cant really handle a full on project right now..i dont plan on keeping the lx just the motor n trans so im just messing around with it till winter..also im 22 years old and i have a 4 year old daughter so after shes taken care of i get what ever money is left over..haha shes 4 and she tells me to buy a burnt orange notchback:rlaugh:

Just start knocking things out one item at a time. My list is setup with the things that, "I" would do and the order I'd do them in. Of course, your priorities might be different.

The nice thing is that I think those wheels you're running are pretty sweet. Def one of the better OEM wheels IMO... AND YOU'RE ALREADY AT 5 LUG! :D

The car you have there seems pretty nice to me. Don't rape it for parts to build a notch. Fix it up, make it better, start building your notch when you have the time, then sell it outright once your notch project is ready for the road.

It doesn't look to me like you'd need to drop a ton of money into that car to make it nice.

I once had a thought of swapping the LX wing for GT on my LX and then Lars brought me to my senses. It just doesn't look right. But it is YOUR CAR so do what you want....make it your own.