Need Immediate Help.....

Sep 19, 2003
Friday night I was coming back from my girlfriends workplace and I heard what sounded like a shotgun blast. Well I looked back and didn't see anything, but knew something hit my rear window. Well today I was on my way to work and I keep hearing this creeking noise, and sure as ****, my rear window is all spider webbed and is literally hanging in my car. My first question is, since my car is a convertible, will the insurance company have to competely replace the top or just the glass window? My second question is: there are two red tubes that are coming out of a little rubber gasket off the throttle body and it splits off to each side of the vehicle. I know these are vaccum lines, but what are they called and where can I get them? Both of them are shattered due to the cold weather and the car will not run without them. Please help me out here, since I need to know what I can do by tomorrow.....

• Sponsors (?)

Holy Shiot Batman! What kind of extreme cold temperatures are we talking about!?!?

Anyway, you are not the first to describe this problem with convertible rear window glass. The good news is that yes, just the window can be replaced. The bad news it that it is an expensive fix, over $350 easily. You should call your insurance agent if you have comprehensive. Often, on window glass, THERE IS NO DEDUCTIBLE.

As for the vacuum lines, I am guessing you will have to go to the Ford parts counter to get the exact part. However, an Auto Parts store may have tubing and connectors that will provide a temporary fix.