Need Rear Seat Delete & Light Front Seat Combo

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I have the motor where I want it, but I have a few interior issues.

Where to get a good rear seat delete for my Hatch?

What are good light front seats?

My plans are to do a rear seat delete and some new fronts along with new black carpet. I want something lightweight but yet comfortable. Yes, newer modle seats are really nice, but they are bulky and probally as heavy if not heavier than my stockers. I pulled my stock seat out the other day. I read they are about 50lbs each, and I belive it.

• Sponsors (?)

Corbeau TRS seats are approx 25lbs vs 55lbs for stockers. (50lbs savings right there) and are extremely comfortable with excellent thigh & side bolster support and run about $650 per set, plus come in many variations including wide versions for large men. the rear seat delete is worth about 12-15lbs I believe total.

Just 1 of a few good seats out for a very good price.
Scott

$650 is a lot of money. Is that vinal, leather, or cloth? Are they really worth it? I would give a kidney for a set of Bullitt or '03 Cobra seats. The leather kit on 5.0 resto seems really nice if I want to get the padding and springs redone as well, it will cost me about the same as aftermarket seats.

I see where a home made rear seat delete wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm still not real sure why you really need to add more stuff liek wood or fiberglass ro whatever when you take out the rear seat. A SImple small piece of carpet to cover the very small section of uncapreted area and it loosk presentable.

If you remove the seat, to pass tech you have to have a firewall back there I think. I want to make an amprack and speaker mounts so the rear wall is needed, and then storage at the bottom is always a plus!

Here's a few crappy pics... excuse the mess of wires from my amps and stereo equipment... first one is with the "top on" 2nd and 3rd are with it off. I don't know if you can tell from the pics or not but basically I just bolted 2 1x2's down for the top to sit on. I then traced the angle for the front piece on a piece of cardboard and cut it out with a jigsaw. Carpeted the front of it and bolted it down in the back. The top piece is the hardest but just take your time and make it a little too big at first. I used a tape measure and tried to measure all the lengths of the straight lines and then cut a piece of cardboard until it fit the sides(rounded) parts and used that as a stencil to cut it with. After that the back piece is just screwed in to hold the carpet in the hatch in and make it all look nice. If i'm too vague or you have any questions just ask. All in all it costs like $30 for the wood and CARPET(carpet being $20) to do this project in me and my buddies car.

90mustangGT said:
$650 is a lot of money. Is that vinal, leather, or cloth? Are they really worth it? I would give a kidney for a set of Bullitt or '03 Cobra seats. The leather kit on 5.0 resto seems really nice if I want to get the padding and springs redone as well, it will cost me about the same as aftermarket seats.

I see where a home made rear seat delete wouldn't be a big deal.

Actually, $650 is pretty cheap when you consider the quality & comfort of the seats. I got mine for $600 :D out the door & shipped for the *Wide* versions which sell for $750+ tax + S&H now.

They are cloth. I'm sure you can find other models of seats for cheaper. There are quite a few people on here who have these seats.

Heres a pic
Take Care,
Scott

Attachments

• Targa RS Seats.jpg
    Targa RS Seats.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 121
Nottoofast50 said:
Here's a few crappy pics... excuse the mess of wires from my amps and stereo equipment... first one is with the "top on" 2nd and 3rd are with it off. I don't know if you can tell from the pics or not but basically I just bolted 2 1x2's down for the top to sit on. I then traced the angle for the front piece on a piece of cardboard and cut it out with a jigsaw. Carpeted the front of it and bolted it down in the back. The top piece is the hardest but just take your time and make it a little too big at first. I used a tape measure and tried to measure all the lengths of the straight lines and then cut a piece of cardboard until it fit the sides(rounded) parts and used that as a stencil to cut it with. After that the back piece is just screwed in to hold the carpet in the hatch in and make it all look nice. If i'm too vague or you have any questions just ask. All in all it costs like $30 for the wood and CARPET(carpet being $20) to do this project in me and my buddies car.
That looks great. I will probably be sending you a PM soon to ask more questions.:D

Dave

Stang951 said:
If you remove the seat, to pass tech you have to have a firewall back there I think. I want to make an amprack and speaker mounts so the rear wall is needed, and then storage at the bottom is always a plus!

The only way you ould need a firewall is if you used an unvented battery box (or no box at all), or you put a fuel cell back there.