Need some Advice!!!

Dave00GT

Aug 17, 2004
New Jersey
Before I go any further, I love the classic Mustang looks, and I'm not trying to copy a Mach 1. My GT badges are staying!!
So I decided to go with the CDC shaker kit and chin spoiler for my 00' GT. After giving it some thought, I felt as though I needed more black on the car (she's silver) to offset the shaker's applique (which is painted gloss black btw). I found a spoiler real cheap at a local junkyard from an '02 Black GT. I picked it up for $40. Needs a good clean and wax, but I think she'll do. The question is, my damn spoiler on there now has 3 holes on each side. 4 of them are 5/16" and 2 and 3/8" holes. They are eye sores, and I feel bad drilling my car to the put the spoiler on. Should I just drill the damn thing anyway, put the plugs in there painted to match of course, and keep my eyes open for a silver trunk lid with no spoiler, or just not even put the spoiler on it right now? Body shop said abot $300-400 to fill the 6 holes and paint to match. I'm thinking the car is going to look goofy with my ugly stock rear spoiler (because the 2000 GT's have UGLY spoilers) and the CDC kit. I'm torn between what I should do.

And btw, I'm BROKE as hell right now after buying all this crap!!! So I really can't afford the body work or a new trunk yet.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I did it, and its was more of a pain than I thought it would be. I did alot of measuring and centering before I marked the holes. It looks really good, but man what a pain! The underside of the trunk had to be filed, and drilled much larger then the top holes to fit the nut and a socket in there. I can't believe the trunk is made of such a crapy material. I have fiberglass all over my hands and arms. I washed and scrubbed them at least 4 times already and I still can't get it all out. But it looks good. Shaker to go on today and pics to follow tomorrow. :)