Need some awesome rain tires for the front

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
My fronts need replacing bad. I'm looking for a awesome rain tire for the fronts. In 275/17's on a 17x9 fr500 wheel. As long as I have a stiff side wall and it doesnt feel like a lincoln on the highway I'm happy. Any suggestions.

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard lots of good stuff on the nitto's but I don't own them. I have BFG G-force T/A KDWS on my rear, and they grip like crazy. They will slip, but when I give it alot of throttle. They are 275/40/zr17's.

I'd get the Nitto Invo tire. It has a great hybrid tread that scours water away nicely

The biggest nitto has in this tire for a 17 is 245/40/17 they have a 275 in a 18 though. I would be interested in some of there new tires but limited on the 17 inch wheels

The Kumho ASX is a good all season tire, they look good too.

I have the asx khumo's right now. I agree they are good. I felt there sidewall was kinda soft though

I am kinda scared of the kdw's, kdws, and the goodyear gs-d3's since there considered a summer tire. April through September are really the only months i can run those. I had nitto dr's during the winter a few years back and they were like driving in rain on dry pavement.

Thanks yall.

I have Bridgestone Potenza S-03's on all 4 wheels and they are awesome in the rain. Best tire i've ever driven in the wet. I can actually brake pretty hard and the tire still grips

I am kinda scared of the kdw's, kdws, and the goodyear gs-d3's since there considered a summer tire.

25_Goodyear_F1_GS-D3.jpg

they may be called summer tires but read any review about their wet performance and you might reconsider, I'm keeping these on the car all year round

KDW2s. These tires are ****ing great. Much more dry traction than my old Pilot Sports too (and those were $$$$$$).

Yup, best street tire IMO and they are amazing in the rain. I can actually lay into it a bit and somehow they still don't spin when its wet. Just slip for a while and then hook up and go.
The dry traction is phenomenal with them as well, so best of both worlds and they don't cost a fortune.

25_Goodyear_F1_GS-D3.jpg

they may be called summer tires but read any review about their wet performance and you might reconsider, I'm keeping these on the car all year round

It's not so much their wet performance but their cold weather performance. :(

My Potenza S-03's are summer-only tires. I put them on my car in April once the snow was done for the year. Temps were in 50's. A couple days dipped into the 30's and the tires couldn't grab at all!! It was actually scary!! When it gets cold, they just don't have the same traction as they do in warmer temps.

Now it's 70+ degrees here and they grab awesome, but once fall comes and the temp starts to drop, so will traction :(

It's not so much their wet performance but their cold weather performance. :(

My Potenza S-03's are summer-only tires. I put them on my car in April once the snow was done for the year. Temps were in 50's. A couple days dipped into the 30's and the tires couldn't grab at all!! It was actually scary!! When it gets cold, they just don't have the same traction as they do in warmer temps.

Now it's 70+ degrees here and they grab awesome, but once fall comes and the temp starts to drop, so will traction :(

Thats exactly my experience with the pilot sports. They only stick when its really really hot. Otherwise they were total crap compared to the KDW2s. I bought the BFGs because of the great reviews on here and because a tire with good wet performance should be designed to grip at lower temps.
Well it was a great move. These things grip so well early in the morning when its cold. They are amazing tires. I cant believe how much more traction I have in a straight line and while cornering. I started readjusting my shocks to get the best of the car and its getting better still.