Need some help please

I have searched the frorum and found other members having problems close to what mine is, but no exact matches.

I just bought a 1990 Gt off of Craigslist, the guy said it ran find, but needed a new battery. When I went to look at the car he had a new battery in it and said that he thought the fuel pump must have quit working now. I made him an offer and bought the car not running. Once I got it home, I found out he had hooked up the battery wrong, after correctly hooking up the battery the car will crank and then dies after 1-3 seconds. I replaced the ignition module (under the dash) and the module on the distributor. I checked the roll over switch near the left tail light (under plastic). Fuel will come out of the schrader valve when pressed, I have not checked the fuel pressure yet. Do you guys think the computer is shot from the battery being hooked up wrong? What should I try next, should it have an OBD code ( check engine light is not on)? Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

I used to keet the ternimals off my battery when I wasn't driving it much. The battery would drain if I didn't drive it every week or so. Without knowing it my buddy borrowed my battery and set it back in my car backwards. It was raining when I started to drive my car again so I was in a hurry to hook them back up and get out of the rain. I didn't notice the fact that the battery had been moved and when I touched the second terminal all hell broke loose. It burnt the fuse behind the radio and several under the dash but it didn't hurt the computer. I could have just been lucky though.

Check fuel pressure, injector pulsing and spark. Inspect all the of the fusible links off the starter solenoid and check all of your fuses with a test light (visual inspections of fuses dont work very well).