Need some help with my truck

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by BLOWN347STROKER, Jan 4, 2010.

1. BLOWN347STROKER

BLOWN347STROKER Member

So I have a 2002 F250 7.3l diesel automatic and it has been acting up lately. I will try and go into reverse and about half of the time it does it with no problem. The other half it will go into reverse but when I hit the gas in bogs way down. If I keep my foot on the gas or just wait a couple seconds after I tap it the first time it will pick back up and go in reverse no problem. It sucks to have a truck that does this. Anyone that has some input please feel free cuz im at a loss of what it could be.
  2. rbonella

rbonella Member

Did you replace the fuel filter? When I had my powerstroke a few years back I did not realize how important it was to replace the fuel filter often. I went a little too long with my old filter and the truck started running very poorly rather quick.
  3. BLOWN347STROKER

BLOWN347STROKER Member

Yeah I did about 10k ago. It only does it in reverse though. It also does it in 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. So I am not sure what it could be.
  4. Chrome_Rust

Chrome_Rust Member

torque converter lockup solenoid. Are you getting any codes? Go see if there are any pending DTC's....