Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Waterloo, Ontario
got a digital code reader because I was sick of my old POS. came up with codes

339 - Engine coolant temperature higher than expected
539 - AC on Defrost On (my bad)
272 - ??
273 - ??

Can't find the other two codes in the manual...and my haynes isn't close to me at the moment...anybody know these?

Second...

right blinker is going at double speed. started after I reassembled everything after paint. front blinker comes on, but at the tailights...only the right bulb blinks...(both left and right top bulbs should be blinking...however the bulb still lights up with the headlamps on??

Third...

My ISP is retarded and I haven't been able to get to stangnet for the last 3 days. finally found a proxy that works so now everything is gravy...however I'd still like to know why my IP is being denied by the stangnet servers...sure you guys won't be of much help on this one :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Therian said:
Second...

right blinker is going at double speed. started after I reassembled everything after paint. front blinker comes on, but at the tailights...only the right bulb blinks...(both left and right top bulbs should be blinking...however the bulb still lights up with the headlamps on??

replace the bulb that is not blinking look at the bulb if it has 2 filaments one for running lights and one for blinking either the blinking filiment is blown or the wireing is not connected properly...you can also try exchangeing bulbs if you don't have one on hand and see if the problem follows the bulb.if not it might be in in the wireing i say might because it can be so many things but i think this is the most likely....

don't know what the 272 or 273 codes are my haynes manual don't list them...:shrug:

and for your isp :shrug:

I might also just use your test light across the appropriate wires in the parking light wiring connector - that can make for quick diagnostics.

Good luck bud.

I'll be flushing the rad and then running codes again...I hope the 272 and 273 are just flukes, because I can't find them anywhere. I do indeed have extra tail bulbs hanging around so I'll see if replacing the non-blinker cures the problem there.

Another thing related to the codes. The car has been on the road for 4 days or so. Yesterday I started getting a CE light. When I start the car, everything is good for 2-3 seconds and then the CE light starts flashing any my idle increases to 1500, then continues climbing (if I allow it...by not driving) to over 2000. It then continues flashing intermittently for the rest of the drive. I'll do a KOER test today and post results

Thanks guys

272 + 273 are lean codes from the O2s. I'll be clearing the computer to see if they return.

Anybody know if an EGR that's not getting exhaust through it (but is still connected) would cause the computer to throw these codes? I know I'm not running lean...and I've never gotten these codes before (had the LTs for a while)

Bill, thanks for the advise, turn signal is working well again.

Therian said:
272 + 273 are lean codes from the O2s. I'll be clearing the computer to see if they return.

Anybody know if an EGR that's not getting exhaust through it (but is still connected) would cause the computer to throw these codes? I know I'm not running lean...and I've never gotten these codes before (had the LTs for a while)

Bill, thanks for the advise, turn signal is working well again.
If you dont have an EGR code, it would seem that the puter doesnt recognize that you're not actually ingesting EGR gasses, which could cause leanness at part throttle. It would NOT have caused a lean code that quickly though (a few seconds after cold start up).

If you know you're not running lean, I wouldnt sweat it too much till you can drive it and narrow things down a bit ......... :shrug: