Need some track advice

03gtmustang

May 26, 2003
Northern Va
Im going to the track this Saturday for the first time ever and need some advice. I have the 275 nitto dr's what should I drop my psi to? For all you auto guys, how should I launch and what is your tranny shifting at? Ill have my Diablo Predator with me to do a little test and tuning. Any advice from people with Predators would be awesome too. Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

03gtmustang said:
Rev up and drop it into drive? :rlaugh: Thanks for the advice on the psi. Who can give me advice on how to launch my AUTO and where I should shift at?

i used to do that in my truck.....i called it "the parts breaker special"...lol

i would hold the brake pedal and stall it up as high as possible without powerbrakeing....on the 3rd yellow, let off the brake and floor it at the same time....it "should" hook, if not, try stalling it lower...just experiment until you find what works....all cars/tracks hook different

keep a log book and remember what rpm you left at and where you shifted at and what time you ran.....this was a good thing for me

edit - shift as close to redline without hitting the rev-limiter....IMO

Premium Speed said:
i used to do that in my truck.....i called it "the parts breaker special"...lol

i would hold the brake pedal and stall it up as high as possible without powerbrakeing....on the 3rd yellow, let off the brake and floor it at the same time....it "should" hook, if not, try stalling it lower...just experiment until you find what works....all cars/tracks hook different

keep a log book and remember what rpm you left at and where you shifted at and what time you ran.....this was a good thing for me

edit - shift as close to redline without hitting the rev-limiter....IMO

Thanks man. :nice:

Hey BAFMustangGT this is a good example of the info Im looking for, maybe you can learn something by it. :shrug:

Well I ran a 13.7. The slip is in my car so Im not positive about the 60' or mph. But it was something around a 2.1 or 2.2 at 100 or 101mph. I expected better with all my mods, but I guess my damn auto tranny is slowin me down. I didnt have any traction problems at all so I think my 60' time should be better then 2.2 with gears and dr's. I had about half a tank of gas and my engine was running pretty warm. What do you guys think?

Heres my slip.
321261_287_full.jpg

03gtmustang said:
I have an auto so I cant rev any higher then 1500 or else I start spinning. T/C is off.
you need to get a stall converter in there if you wanna run it seriously...
But thats just my opinion as i have a 5spd and dont know too much about autos..
I can tell ya my freinds 02 gt auto has less mods than yours, but with his 3400rpm stall he is able to run 13.25s at around 101-102 with a 1.75 60 foot with 275 40 17 BFG d/r's

I think his other mods are: off road h-pipe i forget wich brand? Flows that are dumped under the car, 4:10 gear, diablosprt chip... and he removes whatever weight he can before he runs..

gtrackd02 said:
you need to get a stall converter in there if you wanna run it seriously...
But thats just my opinion as i have a 5spd and dont know too much about autos..
I can tell ya my freinds 02 gt auto has less mods than yours, but with his 3400rpm stall he is able to run 13.25s at around 101-102 with a 1.75 60 foot with 275 40 17 BFG d/r's

I think his other mods are: off road h-pipe i forget wich brand? Flows that are dumped under the car, 4:10 gear, diablosprt chip... and he removes whatever weight he can before he runs..

Yeah, Ive been thinking about a 2500 stall converter. Does anyone know what the stock stall is?