Needed Tire Advice

Silvergto2

Jun 8, 2005
UTAH
I recently aquired some 17x9 rims from a friend and was looking at some new tires. I need some advice as to which option would be better for me. I absolutely love the BF Goodrich KDW2 tread pattern but the widest tire they make for a 17 inch rim is 255-40. So with having a supercharger (kenne bell) which would help me out with some traction for mostly street sometimes track?

Would it be better to get BF Goodrich KDW2 all the way around @ 255-40, or would it be better for me to stagger the tires with 255's in front, and 275's in back and go with a different tire?

Final question: Would it be safe for me to run a wheel spacer in back to give me that wider stance knowing I have 390 RWHP?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont see a problem running a wheel spacer as long as you get them from a quality place like MM or eibach. whith a KB I dont think anything short of drag radials is gonna help you with trackion because of the bad a** low end torque you make. I dont like the idea of running different tire front and rear (its a preference thing). I would either run some nitto nt555 or get some bfg t/a kdw's. both are great tires.