Needs Interior Part (s)

whyask

Apr 4, 2005
Sacramento
Ok guys I have the basic GT with no glitter or glam in the interior. Were can I get the factory silver piece, brushed aluminum, that goes across the entire dash setup. Thanks guys !

P.S. Who ever did the write up in the AUP setup THANKS ! I just got mine done 600 bucks and it was worth it !

• Sponsors (?)

From what I have seen on here, it is pretty expensive to buy the pieces- hundreds of dollars... (at least if you were to buy the pieces new from the dealership).

I would suggest searching some junkyards, checking eBay, or possibly trading with someone who dislikes the IUP trim on their dash..

:nice:

yeh I i realize that now, but before I bought the car i didnt know S**T about the new body styles so I figured what I had was just normal, like the 03-04;s the only dirrence was Leather.. YEH I WAS WRONG !! hahahaha .. so ebay and junkyards huh ! Damn ..

Thank you for your responses !

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong), but you'll also need to replace the passenger side airbag as the dash trim is built into it. You may want to check eBay (or other online site) for aftermarket dash-trim (the kits usually come with pieces to cover the radio, center console, etc, but you can just leave them off for a more factory style look).

Yes, the airbag is part of it. The panels contain the registers and all that stuff. As was said, much cheaper to order the car with it then to add it later.

I do not want to break any rules but am thinking there is confusion here. I am selling all the components minus the air bag covers, This includes the registers and all parts needed to mount with no transfer... This is MUCh cheaper then buying at the dealer, and these have never been mounted..

Kevin Casey from Clevenger Ford sells all the different factory panels. He provides complete instructions. For the airbag piece, you keep your factory airbag. He tells you how to pull the existing plate off and put the new one in it's place.

Click for info

Definitely is best to order how you want from the factory, but I wanted the incentives and the only car on the lot had the silver IUP. I would have rather had charcoal weave. So it's nice that Kevin is able to offer it at a reasonable price. Before Kevin, people were having to pay over $1k just to change out the dash.

To the OP, you said you want the silver IUP? I actually have been thinking about getting the black so I can get a carbon fiber kit for it (it doesn't look right with the silver underneath). If you're interested in a straight up trade, let me know.

The packages vs individual options vs trim levels (deluxe/premium) are very confusing. You have this to get that and you have to take something you don't necessarily want with a package that you like. The car builder in Ford's website is very helpful and I built a few cars before I came upon mine. I would have liked the comfort package but really didn't need the heated seats. I wound up getting the auto dimming mirror with compass as a dealer installed option (it also has a garage door opener). They were unable to do the passenger side power seat. The message center and my color were a pleasant surprise! All in all, I'm quite happy with how things turned out.