New 1/4mile Time (6 April 08)

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Took the cobra out for my 2nd trip to the track ever with her since i got her last august. Went to Island Dragway here in New Jersey today where i did my fastest run with her so far. Before the time that i did today (timeslip below) my best run prior was actually my 1st run EVER with her, which was last september 3weeks after i bought her, which was a 12.9 @ 117mph with a 2.1 60ft on street tires.

I only got 2 runs intoday since EVERYONE at the track was breaking down and the lines were long :( I was running on the stock 17" wheels and Toyo RA-1 Drag Radials @ 22psi. For the 2nd run and final run of the day i lowered the pressure down to 18psi in the tires, but due to a terrible burnout and serious clutch slip in 2nd gear, i only ran a 13.3 @ 114mph with a 2.5 60ft.

This car was a serious track whore before I bought it, so the stock clutch and flywheel have some hotspots and it slips pretty bad if I run it more than like 2 times at the track lol. Thats ok though, sitting next to me in my room i have a few things to install in the next few weeks:

- Spec Stage 3+ clutch (26spline)
- 26 spline input shaft
- new TOB Guide sleeve from LETHAL Perf
- Fidanza Flywheel
- Driveshaft loop

With the above mods installed within the next month about, i should expect to hit low 12s easy, MAYBE 11s if i can learn to drive better.

then.....its time for slicks come my birthday in July! :burnout:

I AM 5096 (yes the booth CONSTANTLY gets my numbers wrong) :fm:
View attachment 323448

• Sponsors (?)

yeah my highest mph was 12.9 @ 117mph. I was surprised to see i lost 3mph but at least i was thankful for the faster 1/2 second drop off that time to pull out a 12.4 @ 114mph.

Most people i see at the track with slicks and trapping 115-117mph are running 11.5s all day long. I have the horsepower to be pulling 11s....just not the driver skill yet :nice: