New 2.3 mainainance

tvinson86 said:
The top mount intercooler seems bigger than normal(i dunno really), but the hood i have(cobra R w/ scoops) doesn't have any holes in the right places to get enough air to the thing.
In short, is it gonna be ultimatly cheaper to buy and paint an SVO hood, or just do a front mount?

The IC you got maybe off a TC because they are a hair bigger. The SVO's is smaller and is usualy blak with aluminum strips showing. While the TC's is flat black and feels more like lite weigh steal.

As for the Cobra R hood, that is a after market hood designed for the V8 guys. A stock SVO has the hood scoop off centered and more over where the top mounted IC is located. Keep in mind also about what Stinger said on not fitting. A stock SVO hood I'm not sure but I think it only fits 84-86' mustangs. If its got a cowl induction on that hood it may work for now but I would do like Stinger said and go for a FMIC. Just sacn Ebay for a decent FMIC, they have a few good deals on there from time to time. The Volvo is a popular choice and runs around 50-100 bux.

• Sponsors (?)