New '94 GT owner looking for a little info

Mustang '94

Jun 5, 2008
Hi everyone.

I'm another noob here. I just bought a '94 GT coupe and had a few questions. I'm basicly illiterate when it comes to Mustangs, all I know is general info that I learned on wikipedia and sites like that.

My car is this light metallic blue with a hint of green in it. Not sure what the official color is, I'll look up the code tomorrow.

One thing that I've noticed is that my GT emblems are gold, not chrome. I've seen other 94's in other colors with both gold or chrome emblems. Is there any significance to one or the other?

Also, my lettering on the rear valance is filled in with gold, matching the emblems. I know afermarket kits are sold to fill these in, did Ford ever make any Mustangs with this trim as a stock or dealer installed option?

In the VIN #, one site did not list my engine code (T), another site I found listed it as a 5.0, 215hp, but that's the same as an (E) code, I think. Why did Ford use 2 different codes for the same engine?

Other specifics on my car: It's a 5-spd, gray leather interior with black trim and moldings. It has 146,500 miles, and I paid $4100 for it. It runs excellent, though a Mustang enthusiast could probably point out some quick fixes to get a little more power out, I'm sure.

Carfax on it was clean. No accidents or damage reported. It was initially registered as a commercial vehicle. Does that mean it was originally a rental car?

It has wheels from a later model GT (that's what the dealer said). I'd love to know what year the wheels are from.

I love the car so far. Good acceleration, handling, altogether a nicely packaged and equipped sports car in my opinion.

Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the '96-'98 GT Rim, I have a 94 GT the same color as yours i call it teal, maybe even aqua, not sure what ford called it. I don't know if ford ever offered a gold trim package on any mustangs, I know I've seen them around from time to time

Cool, yours does look like mine! Do you happen to know what engine code in the VIN yours has?

I'll try to look up th ecolor code today and find out exactly what Ford called it so we'll know.

Checked mine. I'm an RD, a Teal '94. That answers the color and wheels.

The other thread, you said Teal was only offered in '94?

The door tag also said the body code was 'GT2'.

I believe it was just a dealer option, I've seen them on several other cars besides Mustangs. The gold fender emblems were dealer, but the bumper inserts were an aftermarket item. I have red inserts on my black 'Stang.

The engines are not quite the same. I believe "E" code engines are for the 86-93 5.0. The "T" engines have a different intake, and the "D" Cobra engines have a lot more changes (thought the block, pistons & crank are identical).

A commercial vehicle means the car was registered for business purposes. It could have been a company car for an executive or something like that. If it was a rental car it would say "Rental"on the Carfax.

Best advice I can give you is take a month to just sit here and read, read, read, and read. Then after you do that read some more. Until you are about 3 years into owning your car ask on here before you buy something. Buying a part and then finding out its not the part you need and THEN buying the right part after you asked sucks!

Start with a good tune up. Plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, get a O/R midpipe and catback, and then get an intake. The car should pull alot harder after that. Oh and I hope you got a 5 speed!!!

Hmmm, you recommend he read for a month or more, then you give him a list of parts to buy. I do agree with the tune-up part, it's good maintenance.. Also an oil change if you don't know when it was done last.

As far as modifying your 'Stang, you will have as many opinions on what to do as there are members here. :p For now, I recommend getting used to your Mustang for a while, learn how it runs as-is. Then think about what you might want to change.

The most important thing to learn is:

:SNSign: RULES!

These are some of the nicest (and knowledgeable) Mustang owners I've ever met. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome alot of good info and years of trial and error on here. If you have a problem with the stang somebody on here has had the same problem.

1st thing, tune up and mechanical look over.

2nd thing, off road H-pipe and cat back. This will wake the car up and make it sound like a Mustang. Also a K&N air filter would not hurt.

3rd thing, After you get board of the exhaust 3:55 or 3:73 gears.

4th after the gears make you spin through first gear with ease, then some chassis stiffening. Upper and lower rear control arms, sub frames,etc...

Then what ever else catches your eye in the Summit or Jegs catalog.:nice: