New Arrival.....

RaZoR1017

Sep 24, 2009
Delco, Pa
Hello All.....Just broke my cherry and bought a 91 gt. I do have some questions....remember take it easy on me I am a newbie haha. First the guy I bought it from says that there is a F303 cam in this mustang....is there any way to verify that without ripping apart the motor...it does have a choppy idle and its between 750-1k rpms but will drop from time to time and will be lumpy at about 500 rpm???

Also I am looking into getting that sct 4 bank chip...just wondering what everybody thinks about this mod???

Lastly, the transmission when it get really hot...ie..in stop and go traffice it doesnt like to go into second gear....you really gotta jam it in there?

Well any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks again and look forward to chatting with you all! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Help me create the "Surging Idle Checklist" - Mustang Forums at StangNet

here is the surging idle checklist it should help with your idle issue, but if you truly do have a F-cam then you are going to have a choppy idle no matter what.
if you are mechanically inclined you could pop a V.C and turn the crank by hand and by watching the rockers you could get the timing events which would verify what cam you have, but I have no experience with that and ccant give you any more info than that.

Hey on another note....My taillights do not work when I put on the headlights??? I checked the fuses but I am sure that there would have been more things wrong than just the tail lights.....any suggestions? I dont know where to trace from for the grounds etc...?

For your second gear issue when the tranny gets nice and warm, take it easy on the gear slamming and start looking into a rebuild or upgrade... A friend of mine's GT did this for a couple months up until he completely blew out second gear. It'd shift fine, but when we went to the track, after 4-5 passes he'd have to take a break and let his car/tranny cool down before it would no longer lock him out of second.

Hello All.....Just broke my cherry and bought a 91 gt. I do have some questions....remember take it easy on me I am a newbie haha. First the guy I bought it from says that there is a F303 cam in this mustang....is there any way to verify that without ripping apart the motor...it does have a choppy idle and its between 750-1k rpms but will drop from time to time and will be lumpy at about 500 rpm???

Also I am looking into getting that sct 4 bank chip...just wondering what everybody thinks about this mod???

Lastly, the transmission when it get really hot...ie..in stop and go traffice it doesnt like to go into second gear....you really gotta jam it in there?

Well any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks again and look forward to chatting with you all! :flag:

did he have a receipt for the cam ?
2nd gear went in my car after i had it for a few months .. was doing the same thing as yours until one day it wouldnt go in and stay in any more.
i replaced with a tremec 3550.
probably just needs new syncros

i would hold off on a chip, 3.73 gears would be a good first mod

No receipt for the cam or for any of the work....I have 4.10 gears in it now, gt40 intake, bbk short ram which i want to replace with the fender wall unit....bbk long tube headers...cat delete...???f303???

For my trans issue....should I stay with t5 or go with tremec 3550???

Also thats why i asked if I should get the sct chip for the current mods or is it a waste?

Future plans include v3 charger kit....

chips in general are a waste of time. if you have enough mods that you need to touch the computer its time for a dyno tune.

if you are flogging the car down the track I would get the tremec. if its a cruiser/weekend toy go t5