New Bassani X pipe to swap out my 6 cats !!

YardSpecial

Mar 20, 2003
MT
Found a place that had the 5 piece SS kit for $482 shipped !!

SO I can take off my 6 cat H pipe :rlaugh:

The 97 should sound sweet with Magna packs.

Anybody else run the Bassani SS kit ???

• Sponsors (?)

Bought mine used for 160, and it's an offroad, w/ a magnaflow catback, sounds great, not too loud at idle but def lets u know it's there when u step on it. Install took a lil over an hr by myself, helps to have someone help you hold the pipe up in place while you start the bolts..

Good luck with getting a good seal on the drivers side manifold......mine leaks like a mother, after repeated attempts to fix it by myself, and a professional shop.

Has to do with the nut bottoming out on the stud before there is a GOOD seal between the down pipe and manifold. Now I know why SLP sends bolts with their X-pipe to replace the studs.

Besides that, its a great quality piece. Id run the cats with Magnapacks for sure. I used cats with my old Bassani cat-back and it sounded sweet.

YardSpecial said:
Thanks for the tip
not trying to discourage you. It will probably seal no problems at at all. Mine didnt leak on my 02 GT, but when I installed it on my Bullitt the problems started.

In the passenger side down-pipe, there is a small....cup, I guess. Its used to prevent the nut from bottoming out and its held in place by sealant. Mine came loose when I removed it from the GT and we havent been able to get it dead on again yet.

Since yours is new, I wouldnt worry about it much.

i installed the o/r bass x pipe with my magnapack catback and OMG! can you say wake the dead loud! Its pretty close to open header loud. I had the muffle shop install a factory cat on each side.