New Brakes

01 Cobra

Oct 28, 2004
Macon,Ga
Soon it will be time to replace my brake pads and i am needing some suggestions on pads that will work with my stock rotors. Also if the rotors do need to be replaced what is a good brand to go with.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the replies. much appreciated. hey chris how much brake dust have you noticed with the hps pads over stock? the reason i ask is that i was thinking of going with the hawk ceramics. my only drawback is that i think the hps pads are supposed to have more friction.

Brakes and more

We are in the same situation. I have a 2001 Cobra and appreciate good brakes as well. I have ordered the Power Slot rotors that have been cryogenically treated by Frozen Rotor. 8 slots on the 13 inch rotors.
I have used the Hawk HPS pads for over 15 months and the braking distances are quite noticeable. I have a new set with the rotors. The dust is very similar to the Ford pad but you may experience some squealing when braking lightly. Not a big deal. They are life savers and you will love them. I talked to many experts, Kenny Brown being the hottest of all road racing tuners, and the Power Slot that is treated by Frozen Rotor beat the Brembo for wear, stopping power and quality. I don't play games with brakes and even a couple of meters will determine life or death sometimes. The Goodridge brake lines are on back order. I am trying to wait myself as the floor fills up with parts waiting to go on the car. Good luck.
:banana:

I really don't notice any more dust, I couldn't figure out which one to go with either, but these pads definately grab better than stock. I haven't tried to lock them up or anything, but I would get them again! If you have the extra cash for more expensive rotors, have at it. 450 was enough for me at the time. You shouldn't be dissapointed.