Rear Rotor Search

gmgouin

15 Year Member
Jul 9, 2012
Hi, so I'm out here searching for a suitable sub for this aftermarket rotor: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/8-9-Inch-Ford-Disc-Brake-Kit-Replacement-Rotor,434131.html

It's listed as 11", vented, 2 1/4" hat depth, 1" face thickness and accepts 15 wheels. They can be ordered drilled and slotted but seem to be out of stock everywhere which I fear might be a trend with the cheap overseas market coming to an end. I'm suspecting these popular aftermarket rotors are reproduced from either a Ford or Mopar stock application. Any help with a similar size would be very much welcome. Thanks in advance!

I failed to mention I'm building the brakes as a custom application so similar sized rotors will work. Custom CNC brackets are being made.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a long list of OEM rotors for sizes from 10" to almost 16", what size do you want to run? What calipers are your planning to run?

Thanks for the reply,
Ideally I would like to keep my 15" torque thrust wheels so a vented 11" rotor with a 1" surface thickness would be ideal. Going with GM metric calipers with the parking brake linkage.

Go with stock SN95 front rotors. 10.86", 1.025" thick and height is 1.8 or 1.9" off the top of my head. Since you are making custom mount brackets, height shouldn't be critical.

EDIT: I checked my list - the above rotor is 1.825" height. If redrilling the bolt pattern is something you would consider, you could go with a front rotor from a 2001 Windstar - they are 11.08" diameter, 1.83" height and 0.974" thick.

What model vehicle are the GM calipers from?

Last edited: