New CAI?

• Sponsors (?)

I emailed the auction holder, asking for a dyno... here's their response:

[I am just a parts warehouse. I have $5 million in parts here. If you want to contact S+B Filters in Calif. you are welcome. Then come back to me. Nobody will beat my price.]

So... it's an S+B intake? I believe they're making the new Ford Racing CAI for the GT. This could be the new Ford Racing intake for our V6! (just a wildly unsubstantiated thought)

S+b

Is the thing turned up-side down?

What's with the extra nozzle thingy there?

attachment.php

But the PCV connector looks like it's in rather odd spot...

After seeing what MMR's "no tune" CAI does, I would never recommend getting a CAI without a tune! Basically they are set up so they flow more air then is reported to the computer... so the car is actually running really lean, causing the HP gain.... So much for "no tune"... LOL

Good point john...i just went out and looked at my car and now im confused... maybe this isnt a picture of the actual v6 intake? We've seen that before, where they put a picture in place until they take a picture of the real one.

Hmm... they said the manufacturer is S&B???? Rumor has it that S&B is the company that is building CAI's for Ford Racing. If this is the case then there's a chance that this is basically a precursor to the release of the Ford Racing CAI. :worship: :banana:

Apologies for sounding like a jerk, but here is no way in hell any CAI alone will render 20HP and anyone that advertises such tells me they are a vendor to stay away from. I don't do business with anyone playing a con game with performance parts, because if they will do it once, they will build their whole business model around the practice.

Second, these are cone filters with a direct path to the intake; they are not complex gizmos requiring MIT engineers and robotics. They are all within a gnat’s hair of the same thing. Assert your consumers bias and pick one but don't imagine someone else is out there spending oodles of time and money on a special super deluxe CAI that will outperform those already available. A big, porous cone filter with a direct path...that's it.

It all depends on where it draws air from, and secondly it depends on the vehicle because there are some out there that it actually does add more than 20hp, K&N has a dyno chart of their intake for the 03 cobra that adds over 30hp.

I know that this intake will not add 20hp on a stock v6 without a tune. But if you had P&P heads, intake manifold, and exhaust and you were still running the stock intake system and you added this, yes you will probably gain close to 20hp, and thats what they are claiming, gaining UP to 20hp. Most intakes alone are around 6-10hp. (both of K&N's have dynos at 7 and 7.5).