New cams and heads...vid

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't got around to taking her to get tuned and dynoed yet. Strapped for cash and been out of town. But did take her to the track and while fighting the temptation of pushing her to hard I ran a best 13.2. The output at high rpm's is insane. Can't wait to see what happens with 24lb'rs and a tune do.

Damn man, that sounds SICK!

You are one of the first to have the TF heads on and posting about them, congrats.

The E.T. for that setup being un-tuned, and your mods, and on street tires (I assume) is going to come down a lot once you get her tuned and if you threw sticky tires on there. Not to mention longtubes would help you a ton now.

Awesome to hear the top end pull is great.

Appreciate the feedback. I figured there were alot of guys wanting to know about the new Trick Flow heads too. I'm loving them so far. They run about 900 each and that can be a hurdle it self but the pay out is great. The machining is totally different. The intake runners are almost a straight shot, way less restrictive than stock. The crazy thing is that there so much meat on them for further porting. I would have if I had the time and money before I laid them in. But something to keep in mind for the future.

Awsome man:nice: What cam did you go with? I got almost enough for the heads but want to do all at once:nice: but haven't heard to much on how they perform or work with performance cams?? My bad I just seen that you went with the comp 270's. Any PTV prob's? You have stock pistons still in? Sorry so many questions just want to make sure I do some homework before buying stuff.

No ptv problems.
Pistons are stock.
Your on the right track with doing things all at once. If you go with the trickflows you'll be on a back order list. I ordered them and mean while saved for cams and they arrived around the same time. And installed them at the same time. Thats cheaper than paying for two seperate installs. I just paid the guy to time it right. Side note: make sure whom ever does this knows there shi** when it comes to timimg. And recommend still you got the heart open you install some studs to replace factory cylinder bolts.
The comp 270 is a good duration for my taste and is a perfect on these fully dressed heads. Meaning I didnt have to buy new springs and clearance is good.
Either way guy good luck.:nice:

No ptv problems.
Pistons are stock.
Your on the right track with doing things all at once. If you go with the trickflows you'll be on a back order list. I ordered them and mean while saved for cams and they arrived around the same time. And installed them at the same time. Thats cheaper than paying for two seperate installs. I just paid the guy to time it right. Side note: make sure whom ever does this knows there shi** when it comes to timimg. And recommend still you got the heart open you install some studs to replace factory cylinder bolts.
The comp 270 is a good duration for my taste and is a perfect on these fully dressed heads. Meaning I didnt have to buy new springs and clearance is good.
Either way guy good luck.:nice:
You should only invest in headstuds if you plan on having the head off ever again, if not then there's nothing wrong with the stock head bolts. Terminators and GT500's use the stock modular TTY bolts up to 800+hp regularly.

Appreciate the feedback. I figured there were alot of guys wanting to know about the new Trick Flow heads too. I'm loving them so far. They run about 900 each and that can be a hurdle it self but the pay out is great. The machining is totally different. The intake runners are almost a straight shot, way less restrictive than stock. The crazy thing is that there so much meat on them for further porting.

Car sounds good, I like the sound of a well cammed motor myself. About the TFS porting, they actually have less than half the thickness of a PI head and will not take serious porting without either welding or epoxy. Here is a picture of the spot in the intake roof where the thickness was less than 0.1" thick and I made a window:

crack.JPG