new here..

i hope this is posted in the right place as its a combination of tech/talk but anyway...I figured id introduce myself...Im in the middle of rebuilding my 87 gt t-top, its been about a 2 1/2 year process so far, and its coming along very well. It should be ready to hit the streets again in mid june. I have alot of pics ill try to post sometime this week. But i have a question regarding tires. I am about to buy 17x8.5 rims with 245-45-17 tires front and back. Do you think i will have any rubbing issues in the front? the fenders are not rolled.

thanks in advance for any comments:nice: Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

welcome! great place here! i'm on 17x10.5's cobra r's all around right now. BFG 245/45/17 with no rubbing issues in the front, and slapping on 275/40/17's as soon as they get here for the back. you should be fine. why not get wider rims for the back though?

well i figured that 275's wouldnt fit right in the rear without rolling the fenders...unless im mistaken, but thats what ive heard

ohh and as far as wider rims, im getting a good deal on a set of 4 from someone i know

Welcome to StagNet. Strype will be along shortly to give a tour of the place (just don’t let him walk behind you). We have coffee in the kitchen and coke in the fridge.

well looks like i wont have a problem running 245s then

haha thanks guys, yea ive been reading on here for quite a while but i just registered the other day, i dont know whey it took me so long:bang: looks like a great place though:hail2:

Rubbing

I am running 17 x 8.5 rims with 235/45/17 tires and I get some slight rubbing at max turn each side. The car is lowered about an inch and a half with Eibach's Pro-Kit but I am still surprised I got some rubbing issues with that setup.

Welcome to Stangnet 87foxstang,

Congratulations for joining Stangnet. We look forward to helping make your transition into the Stangnet community as pleasant as possible.

This fast changing community has retained colorful and humorous mixture of the midly retarded and the sarcastic. It has many wonderful 5.0 maintance and repair tips for you to discover and to enjoy.

Please take the time to come to explore the future of 5.0 Mustangs, to contribute your knowledge, to renew acquaintances, to make new friends, and to enjoy our abuse.

Thank you,
Turkey Sammich
Sammich Mafia: "Derailing threads since 2006"

PS: :worthlesb

Welcome to Stangnet 87foxstang,

Congratulations for joining Stangnet. We look forward to helping make your transition into the Stangnet community as pleasant as possible.

This fast changing community has retained colorful and humorous mixture of the midly retarded and the sarcastic. It has many wonderful 5.0 maintance and repair tips for you to discover and to enjoy.

Please take the time to come to explore the future of 5.0 Mustangs, to contribute your knowledge, to renew acquaintances, to make new friends, and to enjoy our abuse.

Thank you,
Turkey Sammich
Sammich Mafia: "Derailing threads since 2006"

PS: :worthlesb

**flips open Posse notebook, takes notes and leaves thread**