New Hypertech Programmer!

GoneIn11

Jun 15, 2004
I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd jump in the forum since I just did my first mod! Last weekend I installed the new Hypertech Power Programmer on my completely stock (for now) 03 Cobra and WOW!!! I could not believe the difference it made... solid shifting and no pingign at all. So far I am very pleased... well worth the price for an extra 54 horses with one mod!

Oh and for the GT guys they make one for you too... course not quite as much power gain, but not bad... www.hypertech.com

• Sponsors (?)

That is a lot, but they made a lot on horsepower TV too...

They made somewhere around 360 to the wheels on their stock 04 cobra then put one of those programmers in and made over 400 I want to say.

So unless you KNOW they don't make that much power because you have a 03/04 cobra and that programmer...shut up.

kurst said:
That is a lot, but they made a lot on horsepower TV too...

They made somewhere around 360 to the wheels on their stock 04 cobra then put one of those programmers in and made over 400 I want to say.

So unless you KNOW they don't make that much power because you have a 03/04 cobra and that programmer...shut up.
:lol: :rlaugh: :owned:

you got dyno sheets ????????????????

Uh, I just installed it last weekend... as I said. And I don't own a dyno, so no, I don't have any dyno graphs... just know what I feel... feels like an extra 54 to me! Hey, whatever works for you. Hypertech has dyno graphs though: http://hypertech.com/cobra.html

Seriously, I plan on getting the pulley and exhaust eventually, but I am very pleased with the tuner so far. Maybe someone else who has one with access to a dyno will test it and post the results...

My friend has a dyno shpo here in Hawaii and dynoed a stock 03 cobra, trust me I saw it jump 52 hrspwr with my own eyes... and that was the 3rd pull!!!!
I just installed it on my 02 gt auto and notice a difference as well, mainly in the shifting...much faster/a bit firmer. Havent dynoed it but it fells better overall... Wish I had that 03 cobra though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I agree with around 50 extra horses, just for the point of fact after watching the episode on Horsepower TV. I mean they did it right in front of our eyes, I am sure every vehicle is different of course but when you have a super charger or turbo you will see more gains with the Hypertech. Hell check out what the programmer does to those big rigs like the Ford F-150 even the Deisel engines, they gained a lot of horses not sure the exact numbers but a hell of a lot of torque as well.