New Lower Intake

Les Paul

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
Revere, MA
I can't seem to find any threads about this, although I thought I read one here. Can't seem to remember . . . Anyway, I'm sure you guys have read the new 5.0 about the Typhoon 4.6 intake. Looks good from the article and the price is right. So what do you guys think? I'd like to put my order in but I want to hear some opinions first.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/

If this has been posted before, sorry, been out of the Mustang loop for a bit.

Thanks!

Paul

• Sponsors (?)

I am waiting to see what it does on a car with stock internals, and the usual bolt ons. The Rousch picked up 25hp, but I don't see that happening on your typical bolt on Mustang.

On a basically stock GT you won't see anywhere near that number. That car had cams, heads, AND headers. All of which can take advantage of the extra flow characteristics of the manifold. I've got LT's waiting to be installed and will put in stage II cams this summer. I can't wait for a good lower intake manifold like that one!!!!!
If you plan on cams and such in the future, I’d put in your order. If not, spend the money on something else that will get you better gains.

BaconBits said:
On a basically stock GT you won't see anywhere near that number. That car had cams, heads, AND headers. All of which can take advantage of the extra flow characteristics of the manifold. I've got LT's waiting to be installed and will put in stage II cams this summer. I can't wait for a good lower intake manifold like that one!!!!!
If you plan on cams and such in the future, I’d put in your order. If not, spend the money on something else that will get you better gains.
Agreed. I think there is going to be a lot of disapointed people who buy this thing without doing the research.

intake manifold for 4.6l

the typhoon was tested on a 4.6 2v and the issue i read was 5.0 mustang & super fords magazine may 2006 issue at newsstands now.it was done on a d.s.s shortblock w/fox lake stage II heads and other mods and it gained 26hp.i would like to know what a stock engine would gain with basic bolt ons.if anybody has info let us know!