Fox New Member With An 86 Lx Coupe

86mustanglx

Sep 26, 2016
Good Evening Everyone,

I decided to join this mustang forum as I attempt to reassemble my 86 Notchback. I originally bought this car from a state sponsored auction of vehicles abandoned at Logan Airport when I was in college. I tore the car apart some 5 years ago rebuilding the T-5 with stronger gears, input, output, and countershaft. Rebuilding the 5.0 with KB forged pistons with valve reliefs, Thumper ported GT40P heads, a custom ground Flotech Induction cam, and GT40 intake manifold. I had the chassis completely sandblasted and replaced the floor pans and front strut tower frame rails. I had the car primed and the jambs and engine bay painted in Kona Blue. I'm really trying to get back into it and have been going through the wiring harness and making sure everything is copacetic as well as replacing the loom. Next on the list is installing an SN95 front and rear brake upgrade I bought ages ago. I hope to take advantage of the massive amounts of information on this forum and maybe be able to help answer some of your guys questions as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the bowl of fox nuts!

A four eyed coupe in kona blue is a good thing:nice:.

Like the guys are saying, let's see some pictures. I personally am a picture whore and need a fix periodically.

Your build sounds very cool so far and I'm eager to watch it come together, just remember though, :worthlesb.

Ok, maybe not worthless, but it's a lot nicer with them.

Here are a few quick photos I snapped when I moved it. There are a lot more on this old car domain page :

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3840304/1986-ford-mustang/

b02867304ede3c30ff04c605b0445d58.jpg
ed430e83c8791b50997c023003917246.jpg
e3840de3484a20a3acae461f7a8928a8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
I volunteer to be your personal liason to getting the information you need, and singlehandedly offer my vast stores of knowledge as your sole source of information.

I cannot possibly steer you in the wrong direction.:banana:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users