New Meziere 94/95 water pump came in

Redsnk95

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
Houston, TX
Ordered a Meziere WP373 (w. out the idler) for my 347. I ordered the polished unit which turned out to be a great choice. This is the 300 series 55gpm pump that has the back plate built in. The pump came with all the correct fittings etc. I will get it installed tonight or tomorrow. These pics are pretty ****ty so I apologize about that. I will be using a Moroso alternator bracket, the alt will be my only accessory on this motor. I will get better pics once I install the pump.

Troy

meziere1.jpg

meziere2.jpg

meziere3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

missed that.... lol

thats not bad... when you get a chance please post pics of the alt. bracket setup and stuff, i have been considering converting my car to manual steering, no need for pump and only thing left would be waterpump and alt... so this is interesting...

jason

Redsnk95 said:
Read above concerning the moroso alternator bracket and the alternator being my only accessory. :)
are you going to be able to use the 94-95 timing cover/alternator with that kit. i've looked into the march kit, but have to use fox cover, and don't know about the alternator

I'm still working on making the bracket work. I have it figured out just need to make a tab from the alternator to the cylinder head and then the turnbuckle with be used to tighten the belt. I will post pics of the bracket when I'm finished.

Here is the Meziere pump installed. I had to grind on the bottom of the pump b/c of the Motorsport balancer (I've had to grind on that spot on 3 different pumps). I've sent pics to Jay @ Meziere so that they can correct for this. Anyways here are a couple of pics of the pump installed. No making fun of my dirty timing cover..lol..

meziereinstalled1.jpg

meziereinstalled2.jpg

Troy

Hmmm...

347 11:1 (all good internals)
AFR 205s
AFM N91 cam
TFS R lower intake
TFS Box upper
90mm race tb
Kooks 1 3/4" 3" collectors
80mm mass air
AFM power pipe
38lb injectors
C4 4200stall
3250lbs

Should turn about 7400rpms and run high 10s. Will probably end up with some nitrous as well to shoot for low 10s.

Troy

Redsnk95 said:
Hmmm...

347 11:1 (all good internals)
AFR 205s
AFM N91 cam
TFS R lower intake
TFS Box upper
90mm race tb
Kooks 1 3/4" 3" collectors
80mm mass air
AFM power pipe
38lb injectors
C4 4200stall
3250lbs

Should turn about 7400rpms and run high 10s. Will probably end up with some nitrous as well to shoot for low 10s.

Troy

Great example of why people cant ask "how much HP does a 347 make", or "how fast can a 347 run the 1/4"

You can build a 347 with "usual" intake and cam, AFR 165's or Edelbrock heads, and "typical" supporting cast and make 350hp and run high 12's..

THEN...you can do what you did and run times that blown 331 can run.

Looks :nice:

RC

I have wanted to go to an electric water pump for years. It should certainly reduce the parasitic drag by a good bit. But they always say "for track use only". The rumor is that they don't last very long on a car that is driven alot. Is that still true, or are they OK for a street car now?