New MM CC plates ...couple of questions

Team Ford

Dec 16, 2005
So I just installed the MM CC plates and had an alignment done however the top nut that holds the strut was finger tight. I drove a few hundred miles down I95 and started to hear a bump like something was hitting my hood and sure enough it was the passengers side strut nut that had come loose and the drivers side I also tightened with my fingers.

How tight should these be?

They are the Tokico Blue series struts. I used the small washer under and then small washer on top followed by two thick for those of you that are familar with the MM CC Plates.

Thanks!

TF

• Sponsors (?)

Supposed to make it good and tight. Cant use a torque wrench cause you will just spin the shaft. Use an impact set between 100-150 lbs and your fine :nice:
I have an Ingresol that I set on setting #3 and run it for 1-2 seconds after it slows down on the nut. No problems yet :nice:

So I just installed the MM CC plates and had an alignment done however the top nut that holds the strut was finger tight. I drove a few hundred miles down I95 and started to hear a bump like something was hitting my hood and sure enough it was the passengers side strut nut that had come loose and the drivers side I also tightened with my fingers.

How tight should these be?

They are the Tokico Blue series struts. I used the small washer under and then small washer on top followed by two thick for those of you that are familar with the MM CC Plates.

Thanks!

TF

Im gonna be finally installing my Blue Tokicos and MM CC plates hopefully this Thursday/Friday. Did you CC plates come with instructions? I just want to make sure i use the correct spacers/washers in the right places.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll stop by a tire shop and ask them how much to torque my nuts. :p

Yes the MM CC plates came with very very good instructions. I took my time and read through them several times and never doing this type of installation before it took me about 45min the first side and 15min the other because I knew what needed to be done...oh yea I also ate lunch so subtract like 20min from that 45.

Very easy and straight forward. Did I mention it handles amazingly now. I can feel the grip of the front tires through the wheel in my wrists. Becuase before just the very innermost inch of the tires were touching.

I recently installed struts and remember the strut nut torque being 65 ft*lbs or something along those lines. Get an ford service CD or other maintance book and it should list all the torque specs. My struts had a slot on top. I used a large flat head screwdriver to keep the strut rod from spinning and a box wrench on the nut to estimate 65 ft*lbs. No problems so far. You should feel the nut tighten against the strut rod instead of just tightening against the rubber isolator.