New or Old

I got a 01 V6 and this summer im getting a GT woot! Any who, u think a Sn95 a 99+ or a 05 would be the better choice i really like the 99-04 but im more concerned bout power gains from mods i know the 05 has the most power stock but the 99 body style i like better ne help would be appreciated. I plan on the normal **** like Exhuast , intake and gears too.

• Sponsors (?)

thats a tough choice, but honestly while the sn95 99-04s are down 40hp, they are a good deal cheaper to buy and with the extra money you'd save on purchase price you could do some good modding, i hadnt spent that much money on my GT and could run away from the 05+ annnnd IMO they look better :)

I spent 5500 in my GT to get cams, add 3.73 gears, shifter, LTs, dyno tune, tubular K member, drag shocks up front, 315s and 10.5 DD bullitts outback. And a few appearance mods. But that was JUST parts, no labor...me and my dad do all the work on it.

My car was running 12.79 @ 108.8 on 15s W/ 275 nitto Drs and the spare pulled. Full street trim the best I got was 13.20 @ 106.x...but I had some serious traction issues.

An 05 would get to what mine was running with just a few boltons...and the chasis is alot better/stiffer. I dont even have sub frame connectors yet :rlaugh: .

IMO you should just get the 05...I dont like the looks THAT much, but once you throw on some wheels/tires, and maybe a few little things like the duck tail and lower it....they look pretty sick.

As long as one particular style over another doesn't affect your decision, it's always a smarter idea to go with the newest car you're able to afford. Yeah, you'll have more money left over for mods with the older car, but in the end you're still driving an older car. Go with the newer car and you can enjoy it from day one and mod it as money becomes available.

In all honesty, if I could have all the money back that I invested in my Cat, I'd probably just put it towards an '07 GT and not look back.

I had my choice of the above cars as well. the mach 1 I wanted was a little too pricey and the other ones were beat on to hell. as far as the 05.... dont care for them that much as far as looks go...... performance cant be beat right now. I just love the look of a 99-04. sold my fox for it.

I was even thinking of a cobra i have a friend with a mach and his brother has a S/C Sn95 obviously i want something different where i live cars bout the only around here. My 6banger has some mods but i just got a new job 5 months ago building caddy engines so i got some money i dont want a 03-04 cobra cause insurance would rape me but is the 01 cobra good? By the way so much more response than the 6er forums Ty.