New Paint Job, the Do's and Dont's. *pics*

• Sponsors (?)

Q's Stang said:
oh...well on that note i gotta ask...any ideas on how much it would cost to convert a laser red 00 to mineral grey?

To do it right, that would also require painting the underside of the hood and truck lid. Plus the inside of the fender wells, the door jams, etc. All that adds quite a lot to the cost.

You can get the 3M clear paint protection film from Invinca-shield in NC. That is where I got mine and I love it. I put it on when my car was brand new and it is still on the car...can't even see it. You occasionally have to get the wax/polish out of the borders of the film (it builds up there) but other than that it really is almost invisible.

Their website is: http://www.invinca-shield.com/

Your car looks awsome!! Just gorgeous! A very clean look!! I would buy the 3M right now!! Then I would snag some micro fiber towels for drying excess water from it until you are able to wax it, then I would buy more MF towels, a good 3M polish for dark colors, and either Turtle Wax (Ultra Gloss) or Eagle One (Nanowax). I think you will be thrilled with either of them.

UhadMEatGT said:
Your car looks awsome!! Just gorgeous! A very clean look!! I would buy the 3M right now!! Then I would snag some micro fiber towels for drying excess water from it until you are able to wax it, then I would buy more MF towels, a good 3M polish for dark colors, and either Turtle Wax (Ultra Gloss) or Eagle One (Nanowax). I think you will be thrilled with either of them.

You can't seal the paint yet. Clear bra would completely seal the front of the car, and the paint would look like crap over time, it would cloud.

V_Eight said:
You can't seal the paint yet. Clear bra would completely seal the front of the car, and the paint would look like crap over time, it would cloud.

What is the appropriate wait time? My rear bumper was just re-painted (2 weeks ago with Sikkens paint), and I'm planning to have the 3M Scotchguard paint protection film installed behind the rear tires. I'm running 1" spacers with the stock rims, and the tires throw rocks and other debris all over the sides of the rear bumper.

BTW, Enter Username, your ride looks awesome!

UhadMEatGT said:

Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'll definately use the micro fiber towel idea.

manicmustangman said:
Looks good! I like the tan one too :nice:

That's my buddies stang, he's workin on it. Plans to drop it soon. BTW, it's Aztec Pearl. If he hops on here he'll be the first to tell ya, "it's not tan.. it's Aztec Pearl!" =)

SilverHorse said:
I love the color of that other one in the picture (yours is sweet too) I've only seen one of those in person of that color.

It's actually a really rare color, his is the only one I've seen. As said above it's Aztec pearl. When you look at it the hue is pearl colored =/

Q's Stang said:
whered ya get your saleens from and how much did ya end up paying for a wheel & tire package?

those are 18's right?

Yes they're 18's. I believe I got them for 1200? off eBay a while back. Came with 275/35/18s. Think i'm at 265 now =( Couldn't afford the 275s.

97StallionGT said:
AWESOME looking cars man...I love the black w/ the saleen style hood...much props :nice:

Thanks!

All the posts have been extremely helpful, but I was still wondering... would it be safe to use a cali. duster? I park on gravel =( and it gets dusty pretty easily. Also, should I refrain from using a car cover yet?

Thanks!

StangIt #1 said:
What is the appropriate wait time? My rear bumper was just re-painted (2 weeks ago with Sikkens paint), and I'm planning to have the 3M Scotchguard paint protection film installed behind the rear tires. I'm running 1" spacers with the stock rims, and the tires throw rocks and other debris all over the sides of the rear bumper.

BTW, Enter Username, your ride looks awesome!

3 months is the wait period on waxing it, so I tend to stick to that period for anything that would seal paint. :(

Enter Username said:
All the posts have been extremely helpful, but I was still wondering... would it be safe to use a cali. duster? I park on gravel =( and it gets dusty pretty easily. Also, should I refrain from using a car cover yet?

Thanks!

Use the california duster all you want.

You can use a car cover, it doesn't seal paint.