New SC manifold for 4.6 2V

• Sponsors (?)

Talk, talk, talk and they STILL aren't selling this manifold yet...now they say they "are caught up on all "pressing projects" and tooling for
the HPS intake is scheduled for four weeks from now. If all goes well
we will see manifolds in six weeks !"
I'll believe it when I see it. As their site also says, "It's about time" - yeah, it sure is...so where is your product? Been talking about it for at least 6 months.

More on new 4.6 2v Manifold

From Bob Hardin at HPS.

"Our N/A manifold is simular to stock but the plenum is bigger and entry is
smoother.It can be ported and, due to its design, runners can be shortened for the ultimate custom tuning. Also I believe we can make a dual pattern
manifold for the blowers to fit both popular styles.So if you wanted to upgrade to another blower,no need for a different manifold."

Sounds good to me.

You can get the head units off eBay for 400-600$ all day long, the heat exchanger lists for 400$ new from ford, and I forget what the intercooler costs, but it isnt too bad. The lines are under $100 and then you would just need an intercooler pump.

You would also need a fuel pump, injectors, and a tune.

So for around 2500-3000 dollars your could piece together a Eaton M110 kit and have loads of room for modifications.

with all the 03/04 Cobra guys going Whipple and KB, It should be pretty easy to come by a low miles 2.2 Eaton. I bet there will be hood clearence issues and such trying to put the eaton on the 2V. Also, they will have to sell a whole kit with intercooler to make it viable. You can't just bolt on the eaton and go on the 2v. Could be dangerous. I am willing to bet that all the money you spend on getting the Eaton to work on the 2v, you could have gotten a base #6 kit from KB that would most likely make more power. Interesting though. I'd like to see the old Eaton on a 2v.

im definatly spending the extra cash on the kb. im doing dss forged short block and P&P heads. the only thing i havent figured out yet is the lower intake. no options really.

ADRENLN said:
im definatly spending the extra cash on the kb. im doing dss forged short block and P&P heads. the only thing i havent figured out yet is the lower intake. no options really.

Actually, you now have 3. The Bullit, P51, and the PurpleMustang intake.

Bullit: Its a proven piece but gets expensive once you buy all the parts including the "install kit" where they stick you without lube one last time before you get your car done.

P51: Its finally shipping in small quantities and KenB has already proven that this is a killer intake with his car. There is at least one other member at Modular Depot that already has one on their car. It isn't as "radical" as people once thought and is fine on a street car. Its $1199 ready to install. The only downside I see comparted to the Bullit is that the P51 is fugly.

Purple Mustang: This intake was quickly heading into "vaporware land" with the HPS intake, but has recently started shipping in small quantities. Its got variable length runners and reuses your upper plenum and needs no additional "install kit" or anything. However, as far as I know, it has not been dyno'd yet but I am highly anticipating its results. If it proves to provide reliable power on a N/A setup, I know where I'm spending $750 this winter. Its also somewhat attractive if you care what your engine bay looks like.

http://www.purpleracing.com/C3MAIN.html

Nick's right (again!)
The HPS is, more or less, just a copy of the OEM manifold.
The Bullitt is pricey, but does works well with mildly modded mod motors.
The P-51 is butt ugly.
The PurpleMustang intake - mmmmm, nice...can't wait to see how it performs. Looks bitchin!