New snake handler here

Tang350

Founding Member
Dec 18, 2000
Flower Mound, TX
Hi all, first post on the SVT boards and first time SVT owner. Been living over in the Classic forums. Really excited, picking her up on Wednesday, car's in Cali. Very sano 97 blk/blk two adult-owner owner coupe with just over 75K miles and ALL the paperwork. Lightly modded with 98 rims, 3.73's, Eibachs and a Tri-Ax shifter......just what I was looking for! Took me a while, becuse there are a lot of ragged out, salvaged titled, thrashed cars out there being passed off as "pristine"..LOL.

Anyway, not new to Mustangs (I have two others) but this is my 1st 32v 4.6, so if I sound pumped up, I am! Just wanted to pop-on and say hello to the community here. You all have a great site and, trust me, I did a lot of thread searching here while I was in the buying process and got some very helpful information from all of you. Since my first task on her will be exhaust, I've been able to get a lot information for comparison purposes here, as well.

Being a Cobra newbie I'll try to keep the dumb questions as a minimum. Oooops, guess I need to update my sig too!!!!

PS - I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance to get her home and slap a little Zaino on her!

• Sponsors (?)

Tang350 said:
Hi all, first post on the SVT boards and first time SVT owner. Been living over in the Classic forums. Really excited, picking her up on Wednesday, car's in Cali. Very sano 97 blk/blk two adult-owner owner coupe with just over 75K miles and ALL the paperwork. Lightly modded with 98 rims, 3.73's, Eibachs and a Tri-Ax shifter......just what I was looking for! Took me a while, becuse there are a lot of ragged out, salvaged titled, thrashed cars out there being passed off as "pristine"..LOL.

Anyway, not new to Mustangs (I have two others) but this is my 1st 32v 4.6, so if I sound pumped up, I am! Just wanted to pop-on and say hello to the community here. You all have a great site and, trust me, I did a lot of thread searching here while I was in the buying process and got some very helpful information from all of you. Since my first task on her will be exhaust, I've been able to get a lot information for comparison purposes here, as well.

Being a Cobra newbie I'll try to keep the dumb questions as a minimum. Oooops, guess I need to update my sig too!!!!

PS - I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance to get her home and slap a little Zaino on her!

From one snake handler to another....WELCOME!

Thanks, guys. Just got her home........what a blast to drive!!!! Needless to say, going from push-rod 302's to this takes a little getting used to...LOL. She was all the owner advertised. Really good shape overall, just the usual swirl marks in the black paint (nothing a little 3M 3009 and a boatload of Zaino won't fix).

Tang350 said:

Welcome to the SVT family!

Good luck.

Naz

I added the Tri-Ax and gears in 2000, and for some reason all these other MODs started showing up over the next 4 years. Once you start the rush is too sweet to overcome!!

John